thasdasdas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday Updates

+59
saif.rafat
Sunreaver
Arsalaan
dietermoreno
Golden Dragon
Tankred
alpav
ACN45trooper
Maestrosanti
Danishviking
Spanish_AoE
CockPärs
Mandos
Even
RideRomeoTen
Vvv
HAL9000
leon the duque of birigui
Capt-M-
Hillys
Nosferatu
Alexastor
Tilanus Commodor
Persian_Fusilier
Huanglukuzhu
Heathen678
PierceBel
checanos
Lanny the Landsknetch
Augustus Black
Synecdoche
Charger24
Fegelein
misterscp
Greytarius
Huitzi
Tsar Stiven
Escodrion
CroYugo
urumi
Alex Julio
super7700
GeneralKong
shadowflame
Losinal
Yerry
chris17
AOE_Fan
Miro
spangopola
General_II
arcalion
Paco the Great
Maxulino
Harkimo
The Dude
Nero
iliander
Hoop Thrower
63 posters

Page 8 of 43 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 25 ... 43  Next

Go down

Happy Re: Friday Updates

Post by Nero Mon 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32

I actually remember a conversation where he said that it was impossible. Peugeot, do you recall such a conversation?
Nero
Nero
Kataphraktos
Kataphraktos

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Mon 22 Aug 2011 - 22:33

No, but I recall many where he said he'd already done it.. Razz Whether that's true remains to be seen, I think that if he made one, it'd be in WotTA Gamma...

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

http://twitter.com/rjfaber91

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoop Thrower Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 12:29

You'd be surprised. Muhahahaha
Hoop Thrower
Hoop Thrower
Modding Councillor
Modding Councillor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nero Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 18:01

Ok, I was wrong. Thank you for correcting me. I don't have the best memory.
Nero
Nero
Kataphraktos
Kataphraktos

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 18:16

Nor do I, but fortunately my conversations with Tahattus are many and sometimes repetitive. Razz

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by General_II Sat 27 Aug 2011 - 8:25

Today's Update, courtesy of Peugeot!

How do I use religions?
Each civ starts out with a certain religion, and has two others as an option. I'll take the Italians as an example:

Friday Updates - Page 8 CatholicismFriday Updates - Page 8 Waldensian_faithFriday Updates - Page 8 Orthodoxism
Catholicism (left) is default, Waldensian Faith (middle) and Orthodoxism (right) are options.

To choose Catholicism as the Italians, the player has to do nothing, the game starts that way. To choose Orthodoxism the player first has to advance to age2, then he can press the button in the Town Center that will change the religion. To choose Waldensian Faith, the player first has to advance to age4, then he can press the button in the Town Center.

What effects do these religions have?
Catholicism is a base religion, which means it doesn't change your civ too much (it doubles Priest HP and halves Priest speed, which is pretty minor), and a player can choose
to keep it that way. However, if he wants another focus, he might want to choose another religion, if that suits him better. Waldensian Faith is a reformed religion, which means it quite drastically changes your game (it doubles villager speed, but sets Priest and Bishop speed and HP to almost 0), and Orthodoxism is another religion with the same severity as Catholicism, it is an outside religion. All civs have one base religion, one reformed religion and one outside religion.

Friday Updates - Page 8 Whatdoesitdo
The rollover text of the tech that changes religion from Orthodoxism to Catholicism.

Each religion has one positive bonus and one negative bonus, to make sure religions merely change your game, not necessarily improve it. Also, this way they're always balanced.

What makes religions interesting?
Religions can be infinitely switched. For example, if the Italians choose Orthodoxism instead of Catholicism, they then get an option to revert back to Catholicism, as well as the option to choose Waldensian Faith. It is (for the Italians) like this then:

- Catholicism is active: Waldensian Faith and Orthodoxism are available choices
- Waldensian Faith is active: Catholicism and Orthodoxism are available choices
- Orthodoxism is active: Catholicism and Waldensian Faith are available choices

Friday Updates - Page 8 Towncenterui
The Town Center UI after choosing Orthodoxism. Catholicism and Waldensian Faith are available. Please note this new UI is still a work-in-progress.

However, to prevent people from endlessly switching religions it costs 1 shipment to do so, and researching these techs also takes 100 trainpoints, as opposed to 30 trainpoints for normal techs, so it takes more than three times as long.

What should I expect to see changed between now and the Prologue?
First of all, raw numbers. The religion system has been coded in, but the bonus percentages for each religion are still being weighed. Also, expect to see a change to the rollover texts, so that they are more user friendly. Ways to do this have already been found, but still need to be coded in. However, since the Italians are only one civ, the main thing you should expect to see is more religions. All Prologue civs together will not have three religion choices, but eight. These also include some smaller but certainly no less interesting religions such as Zoroastrianism.

Summarised.
- Each civ gets three religion choices: one base religion, one reformed religion and one outside religion.
- Each civ starts out with the base religion as active. The outside religion gets unlocked in age2, the reformed religion gets unlocked in age4.
- Religion switches can be made infinite times, but they take a long time to research and cost 1 shipment.
- Each religion has two bonuses, one negative bonus and one positive bonus, which means they're all equally balanced.
- Base religions and Outside religions are little-compromise religions, reformed religions have far more drastic effects.

General_II
General_II
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoop Thrower Sat 27 Aug 2011 - 8:41

Wow, so many questions, the most interesting update so far.
At least it's good to know your system is different from wotta's.
Did you make any significant changes to priest?
Are you going to leave revolution in the game? Or is it just an UI element you just didn't take out.
Wow, you managed to change the tags in the building tech rows...

I see Iliander's influence in zoroastrianism, heh.
Hoop Thrower
Hoop Thrower
Modding Councillor
Modding Councillor

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Sat 27 Aug 2011 - 9:46

Did you make any significant changes to priest?

Well, that rather depends on the religion you choose. Not all religions change religious units, but some do.

Are you going to leave revolution in the game? Or is it just an UI element you just didn't take out.

We haven't coded our desired changes in yet, but we do plan to leave it in, one way or another.

you managed to change the tags in the building tech rows...

Well, that's one of the advantages of being a total conversion. Razz

I see Iliander's influence in zoroastrianism, heh.

Not really, no. It was partly because Paco the Great is Zoroastrian, but mainly because it was the state religion of Persia, and therefore quite important in the east.

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nero Sat 27 Aug 2011 - 19:44

Very nice work Very Happy .
Nero
Nero
Kataphraktos
Kataphraktos

Back to top Go down

Post by General_II Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 12:42

It's that time of the week again. Some new info fro K&B.

One thing we're rushing to sort out before we release Prologue to the public is technologies. We use technologies to try and accomplish a few things: we want to make gameplay fun and dynamic throughout the game, we want things to be somewhat historically accurate, and we ultimately want make the game fun.

Anyways, Prologue is using the good ol' chain upgrade system, where basic techs can be researched to unlock those more advanced, and more expensive, technologies. Below are a few that you'll be using to supplement your military force.
Friday Updates - Page 8 BlacksmithChains
General_II
General_II
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Nero Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 15:45

Nice, very evolutionary iliander .
Nero
Nero
Kataphraktos
Kataphraktos

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepp Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 16:21

It is just few that KnB has Razz
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

Post by chris17 Sat 10 Sep 2011 - 4:02

It's Friday...
chris17
chris17
Member of a Major Mod
Member of a Major Mod

http://knightsandbarbarians.heavenforum.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by iliander Sat 10 Sep 2011 - 4:14

K&B is sleeping...
iliander
iliander
Custom rank: Lord Enki
Custom rank: Lord Enki

Back to top Go down

Post by chris17 Sat 10 Sep 2011 - 5:27

or playing WotTA...
chris17
chris17
Member of a Major Mod
Member of a Major Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Sat 10 Sep 2011 - 6:29

In my case, the latter. But don't worry, Friday Updates remain:

Friday Updates - Page 8 Screen176
The Worshiper, one of the weaker treasure guardians in K&B.

Knights and Barbarians will have a totally revised treasure system. This is partly because AoE3's treasures are often not medieval, and partly because we wanted to add some things to the mix. One of those things is Relics. There are several 'levels' of treasures in K&B, some easier than others. The hardest treasures to attain are Relic treasures. Once the guardians are defeated and the treasure claimed however, the Relic gained can be a valuable asset in any strategy. Our current plan states that each map should have between two and four Relic treasures, depending on the number of players. Relic treasures occur on both European and Middle Eastern maps, and while European Relic treasures look different than those from Middle Eastern maps, they function in exactly the same way.

Friday Updates - Page 8 Relic
A Relic.

Relics can be turned into Shrines which makes nearby villagers work harder, or they can be brought to the battlefield, where they inspire troops to fight harder. Once put into Shrines, Relics can no longer be moved around, nor can Shrines be converted back to mobile Relics. Relics must be protected, because otherwise the enemy might capture them, like for example livestock. This does mean Relics cannot be destroyed. Shrines cannot be captured by the enemy, and unlike Relics they can be destroyed.

Friday Updates - Page 8 Screen183
A Relic treasure for European maps. Bear in mind this screenshot was taken a while ago, and the guardians shown are just random. As we speak, the correct guardians for all treasures have been decided.

While the system was being developed, the number and types of treasure guardians has changed, however all those shown above are still in the mod. See if you can guess some of them!

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by chris17 Sat 10 Sep 2011 - 8:08

good, liked it
chris17
chris17
Member of a Major Mod
Member of a Major Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Sat 10 Sep 2011 - 8:23

I actually have a creepy picture, of all of the guardians dancing around a fire. Anyone wanna see? :lol:
The Dude
The Dude
Administrator
Administrator

http://knightsandbarbarians.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nero Sat 10 Sep 2011 - 12:58

Hell yes (mouth watering with excitement)
Nero
Nero
Kataphraktos
Kataphraktos

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoop Thrower Sun 11 Sep 2011 - 1:09

Wow, cool relic, I've definately never seen anything like that before... :lol:
I like the idea though, it brings back the old days of aoe with relics, but now with a twist.
Also, please don't tell me those treasure guardians are based on an Assasin's Creed unit...
Hoop Thrower
Hoop Thrower
Modding Councillor
Modding Councillor

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Sun 11 Sep 2011 - 2:22

No, they aren't, but an AC unit was used for inspiration. Actually they're based on R:TW's Berserker unit.

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Sun 11 Sep 2011 - 21:19

It's not Friday, and this is not a Friday update, but there has been some answering of questions on AoE3H that I guessed you might be interested in:

super7700 wrote:I do like your idea of having fallen empires as natives, and I'm guessing there will also be typical natives as well. Will minor factions of the medieval era such as the Scottish, Welsh, Irish, Swiss, Burgundians, Sicily, Hungarians, Portguese etc. be represented either as natives or any other way?
I wrote:Well, (...) there's four types of civs in Knights and Barbarians, all illustrated with examples from roughly the same area:

1. Playable civs: Obviously the most important set of civs, chosen to be representative of Europe and the Middle East in our timeframe. Example: French
2. Revolution civs: The second most important set of civs, chosen because they played a major role in the late middle ages and renaissance, or because they didn't exist before then. Example: Burgundy
3. Barbarian civs: The so-called 'Empires of Old'. A simple guideline is that these empires are post-Roman, but pre-Crusades. Example: Franks
4. Mercenary civs: They're not really civs in themselves, but they're the last way of incorporating a reasonably important civ in K&B, by adding a mercenary unit from that nation. Example: Swiss

There will be deceptively little Revolution civs in the Prologue, since the Saracens, Turks and Crusaders won't have the Revolution feature (Saracens and Turks have the Race Track feature instead, Crusaders have the Chapter House feature), and as such the Italians and Byzantines are the only civs in the Prologue that will get a choice of revolution civs.

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoop Thrower Mon 12 Sep 2011 - 1:57

There will be only 1 Asian Ui civ in this mod?
Hoop Thrower
Hoop Thrower
Modding Councillor
Modding Councillor

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Mon 12 Sep 2011 - 2:11

There will only be one playable Asian civ, the Mongols. There will be multiple Asian mercenaries though...

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoop Thrower Mon 12 Sep 2011 - 2:15

No, I meant with asian UI, in the sense of export, or whatever name you gave that resource here...
Hoop Thrower
Hoop Thrower
Modding Councillor
Modding Councillor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 43 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 25 ... 43  Next