thasdasdas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday Updates

+59
saif.rafat
Sunreaver
Arsalaan
dietermoreno
Golden Dragon
Tankred
alpav
ACN45trooper
Maestrosanti
Danishviking
Spanish_AoE
CockPärs
Mandos
Even
RideRomeoTen
Vvv
HAL9000
leon the duque of birigui
Capt-M-
Hillys
Nosferatu
Alexastor
Tilanus Commodor
Persian_Fusilier
Huanglukuzhu
Heathen678
PierceBel
checanos
Lanny the Landsknetch
Augustus Black
Synecdoche
Charger24
Fegelein
misterscp
Greytarius
Huitzi
Tsar Stiven
Escodrion
CroYugo
urumi
Alex Julio
super7700
GeneralKong
shadowflame
Losinal
Yerry
chris17
AOE_Fan
Miro
spangopola
General_II
arcalion
Paco the Great
Maxulino
Harkimo
The Dude
Nero
iliander
Hoop Thrower
63 posters

Page 25 of 43 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 34 ... 43  Next

Go down

Happy Re: Friday Updates

Post by Lanny the Landsknetch Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 21:03

I just looked through all the updates, and all I can say is... AWESOME Blah Blah Blah Blah.
Lanny the Landsknetch
Lanny the Landsknetch
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 2:21

Thank you very much! ...and I should think Nero will enjoy having another Aussie on these forums. Razz

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

http://twitter.com/rjfaber91

Back to top Go down

Post by Synecdoche Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 2:23

Knight Welcome Barbarian
Synecdoche
Synecdoche
K&B Team Member
K&B Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 2:40

Friday Updates - Page 25 Header-6

As one could conclude from the poll, this week's Friday Update, posted conveniently just two days before I go on holiday, is about Barbarian settlements in K&B. I haven't got much time for this update, so I'll let the pictures do the talking...

Ah, before you start facepalming, those pink things only appear in the editor... They're the pathblockers that make it so that units can't march straight through subciv settlements, and ingame, they'll be completely invisible.

Friday Updates - Page 25 Screen101-1
One of the two variatins in settlements for the Sicilians

As you might be aware, subcivs are called "Barbarians" in K&B, in the same way that they were called "Natives" in unmodded AoE3. Like AoE3, there's a different grouping for every few subcivs, but there's a twist. We took an ingenious yet simple thing from AoC, which is the addition of a flag. These are both aesthetically important and user-friendly, as they make it so that one no longer has to select a settlement or hover over the Trading Post Socket to know exactly which subciv it belongs to, but can see this straight from the flag. Once one's learned which flag goes with which subciv, that is. Razz This particular grouping will for example also be used for the Avars and Goths, but their flags will be different.

Friday Updates - Page 25 Screen103-1
As is visible by the flag, this grouping is one of the two variations in settlements for the Franks.

As you can probably see in both the Sicilian and Frankish settlements, we used the possibility to import new models to great extent, and delved right through the stack of models that comes with AoM. These obviously don't have destruction anims or models (unlike our own Town Square model), but for a subciv settlement, that doesn't matter anyway... Oh, and I'm well willing to award the first person to guess ALL AoM models that were used in these two groupings a spot of Chivalry...

Friday Updates - Page 25 Screen111
A little bonus for you, in the shape of a Barbarian unit. I don't take the guessing as to what subciv gets it will take long...

Friday Updates - Page 25 SubheaderQuote

Something that I've been working on recently is improving some of my older textures, as proven by this rather elated remark in the team forum:

AOE_Fan wrote:Oh, I love the new textures for Crossbowman and Light Cavalry!

Friday Updates - Page 25 SubheaderSalute-Refute

K&B salutes... The summer holiday. It may be a time of inactivity on our forums as almost everybody is either gone or has recently been, but It's lovely nonetheless...
K&B refutes... The Syrian Civil War. While we're well in favour of more freedom in Syria, it is a bit cringing to see fighting among the historical monument-laden city centres of Aleppo and Damascus

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by checanos Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 3:36

Amazing looking textures. but what is that circular thing in the Sicilian grouping?
checanos
checanos
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by Fegelein Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 5:04

I would think it's some kind of plaza.
Fegelein
Fegelein
K&B Team Member
K&B Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by danielpereira Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 6:00

Great!
danielpereira
danielpereira
Member of a Major Mod
Member of a Major Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanny the Landsknetch Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 10:12

I'm glad I discovered this so late, when it's almost finished Jester
Lanny the Landsknetch
Lanny the Landsknetch
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by super7700 Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 10:14

Those settlements look beautiful, and that is not me being cheesy. The textures are brilliant (it is not easy to tell that some of those models were once ancient Greek or Atlantean), and the detail is amazing, especially with the plazas, stalls and Ancient Greek ruins.

I think I recognise most of those AOM models:

- Atlantean Economic Guild
- Atlantean Manor (with multiple model variations)
- Greek Granary
- Greek House (with multiple model variations)

I think that's all, though you may have used models for some smaller objects as well.
super7700
super7700
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by Synecdoche Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 11:03

I've said it before, I'll say it again: I think Robert's Barbarian settlements are the most beautiful textures in the game.

As the quote indicates, though, the new Crossbowmen/Light Cavalry and our generic Spearmen are definitely up there.
Synecdoche
Synecdoche
K&B Team Member
K&B Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanny the Landsknetch Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 11:42

(At times like this I feel like saying awesome wasn't enough!) Embarassed
Lanny the Landsknetch
Lanny the Landsknetch
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by Nero Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 22:21

As always, incredible work. I was actually not aware that models from AoM could be imported, so I learned something new today. Lanny, as Peugeot said, I am happy that there is another aussie on this form.
Nero
Nero
Kataphraktos
Kataphraktos

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanny the Landsknetch Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 22:23

Are you the only Aussie here?
I learned that too, I was always hoping to do something with both games... Muhahahaha
Lanny the Landsknetch
Lanny the Landsknetch
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 7:30

Thank you all for the positive remarks...

@super7700: Close, but not a full banana. Oddly enough, you did name the remaining models in your post... Razz

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by super7700 Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 7:53

So the other models are the Frankish stalls and the ruins?
super7700
super7700
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 9:14

...and the Plaza, which used to be a Titan Gate...

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanny the Landsknetch Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 11:19

Which nations gate is it?
Lanny the Landsknetch
Lanny the Landsknetch
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by Synecdoche Mon 13 Aug 2012 - 5:25

Hello everyone! Apologies for the tardiness and brevity of this Update, we've all been quite busy here at K&B. I promise Sunday Updates won't become a common occurrence. As a small apology, I'll give you a sneak peek at several new textures! Pepp is quite a wonderful texturer, and the latest Peppic contributions to the Barbarian sub-civilisations and our mercenary corps are quite beautiful!

Friday Updates - Page 25 Kharijite
The Kharijite Archer, a Berber unit.

Friday Updates - Page 25 Arsiyah
The Arsiyah, a horseman from the Khazar Khanate

Friday Updates - Page 25 Galloglaich
The Galloglaich, a powerful mercenary of Scot, Hebridean, and Irish origin.

The first two units will become available at Trading Posts built near their respective communities, as is the norm for barbarian units, and the Galloglaich will be available to some Northern civilisations through their home cities' mercenary companies, as well as having the possibility of being available to every civilisation in the Tavern when a game is being played on a map based in the British Isles or the northern European subcontinent.

Our team's been very busy since the last update finalizing details on a number of unique gameplay aspects. This includes the Bazaar, a Middle Eastern civilisation building that replaces the Market and represents the Middle East's status as the crossroads of medieval trade from both Oriental and Occidental regions of the "known world", introducing a new dimension to trade in Age of Empires.

Today's quote is a slightly ominous promise of combat variety from iliander, who's busy having a ball designing and balancing unit stats for our Unique Units and Barbarians.
iliander wrote:Don't think you'll only have slightly modified base units running across the battlefield, hehe.

K&B salutes... Peter Jackson, for deciding to make a second trilogy in Middle-Earth with his upcoming interpretation of J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit. Calo anor na ven.
K&B refutes... England, for stealing away our erstwhile mod leader peugeot407 for a few weeks on holiday. At least he's still visiting!
Synecdoche
Synecdoche
K&B Team Member
K&B Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PierceBel Mon 13 Aug 2012 - 14:50

I'm SOOOOO excited for this. You have NO idea. How far along are you guys?All my friends who have played Age of Empires are champing at the bit in anticipation!
PierceBel
PierceBel
Hobilar
Hobilar

Back to top Go down

Post by Synecdoche Mon 13 Aug 2012 - 15:15

I suppose there's no harm in giving a little insight. We're moving along at a pretty steady clip, I'd say. As of right now, pretty much all of the basic Prologue work is completed, with just a few units needing texturing (which Pepp does quite efficiently and with beautiful results, as seen above) and base gameplay all coded and functional.

We're busy right now fixing a number of bugs, tweaking the AI, coding in our renovated and streamlined combat balancing, and various other fundamental tasks. Concept work and brainstorming is, for the vast majority of the mod's features and certainly the Prologue, largely completed, and we're just tailoring the gameplay and completing a lot of "busy work". I've personally been doing a lot of work on flavor text and I'm attempting to help Persian_Fusilier make tech icons for all of our different shipments and civilisations (it isn't easy, especially trying to make anything that looks nearly as good as his productions. They're like tiny paintings.) Overall I'm confident that we'll be able to stick to our timeline of an Autumn release provided we all maintain current levels of productivity. thumbs up
Synecdoche
Synecdoche
K&B Team Member
K&B Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PierceBel Mon 13 Aug 2012 - 16:25

Is the Autumn release date then for the Prologue only, or for the full game? Either way, I'm stoked, and I wish I was able to mod/code to help out. Best of luck, and thank you all for making such an awesome full-conversion mod!
PierceBel
PierceBel
Hobilar
Hobilar

Back to top Go down

Post by AOE_Fan Mon 13 Aug 2012 - 20:23

Hmm, actually the Galloglaich has already been shown in earlier Friday Update. Doesn't really matter though...

The Autumn release will be for Prologue. It's not one of those half-done or buggy "Alpha" or "Beta" things, and although it has only 5 civs, it still has the gameplay features of the full mod.
AOE_Fan
AOE_Fan
K&B Leader
K&B Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Synecdoche Mon 13 Aug 2012 - 22:49

A majority of the work for the full game will actually also be done when Prologue is released, since most of the base units are done, all of the gameplay-related goals will have been met, and all three of our civsets (Middle Eastern, Crusading, and European) will have a precedent set from Prologue. There'll be quite a lot more artwork to be done for units and portraits, but that will probably be the biggest job. Summer holiday will be over, though, so it will likely still be a decent number of months before we can release the rest of the civilisations, Barbarians, and maps. The civilisation-related Friday Updates were always my favorites, though, and we'll have plenty more of those to look forward to!

Galloglaich was shown? Gah, serves me right for typing an Update while I'm falling asleep. Perhaps I'll show a few of Persian_Fusilier's tech icons later on today to make up for it, I don't think we've shown any before!
Synecdoche
Synecdoche
K&B Team Member
K&B Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PierceBel Tue 14 Aug 2012 - 3:32

I'm okay with this! The crusades are some of my favorite aspects of medieval history, and this only heightens my anticipation! Very Happy
PierceBel
PierceBel
Hobilar
Hobilar

Back to top Go down

Post by AOE_Fan Sat 18 Aug 2012 - 5:23

We are moving to the next topic that was on our poll few weeks earlier and show few in-game screenshots of Chapter House, a building unique for the Crusading civs (only for Crusaders in Prologue). We have talked about this feature in some previous updates too, so you might want to search them up.

To get to the point, here are two screenshots, taken in the editor:

Friday Updates - Page 25 Chapter1r
The selection screen of Knightly Orders for Crusaders.

Friday Updates - Page 25 Chapter2v
View of Chapter House with Teutonic Order selected, in middle of a Crusader city.

As for a little bonus, Persian_Fusilier has been doing rather fantastic looking icons for our Barbarian techs, and we wanted to show a few of those:

Friday Updates - Page 25 Barbarianicons

Our Historian/Researcher Synecdoche has been doing some improvements for livestock lately, and I think you will hear more about it someday...

Synecdoche wrote:So, if you've been following my posts lately, you may have heard that I've been reworking the Livestock system to give it a greater sense of viability in K&B than in any other AoE game or mod.

K&B salutes... The starting of schools. It's always nice to become well educated, but everybody thinks school is boring.
K&B refutes... Arresting of Pussy Riot. This shows once again how democratic country Russia is.
AOE_Fan
AOE_Fan
K&B Leader
K&B Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 43 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 34 ... 43  Next