thasdasdas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Age of Empires 3 error 0003: Could not compile file 'aiLoaderStandard.xs'

4 posters

Go down

Utter sadness Age of Empires 3 error 0003: Could not compile file 'aiLoaderStandard.xs'

Post by obliviongate Tue 27 Aug 2013 - 21:26

okay guys the title explain all, everytime i tried to run a skirmish game this message pop up error 0003: Could not compile file 'aiLoaderStandard.xs' ,
i follow the instalation instruction corrctly, put the K&B folder on my document , my game folder, and then put all the into programfile to aoe 3 folder.
when i start the game everything seems run correctly and the kingdom of heaven music start in the main menu, until i try creatin a new city profile for skirmish there are seems 2 nation for each i mean like twice byzantine or twice crusader .. is that normal ? and the name in crusader is chinese, but the flag icon is crusader flag is that normal too ? im rly desperate now.. rly want to play the mod, i hope you guys could help

obliviongate
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Utter sadness Re: Age of Empires 3 error 0003: Could not compile file 'aiLoaderStandard.xs'

Post by AOE_Fan Tue 27 Aug 2013 - 23:41

1. Can you confirm you have a folder called "Knights and Barbarians" in C:\Users\Your Name\Documents\My Games?
2. If yes, delete that folder. Then, paste the "Knights and Barbarians" folder (that is included with the download) to C:\Users\Your Name\Documents\My Games again.
3. Launch the game, does the error still happen?

Having the same civ selectable twice is how it should be, so the files in your Program Files folder should be fine. I'm 99% sure the error is caused by files in the My Documents folder...
AOE_Fan
AOE_Fan
K&B Leader
K&B Leader

Back to top Go down

Utter sadness Re: Age of Empires 3 error 0003: Could not compile file 'aiLoaderStandard.xs'

Post by obliviongate Tue 27 Aug 2013 - 23:47

i have knights and barbarians folder onmy document/my games folder(i presume its on the same location with age of empire 3 folder)

and about put the program files is it just putin the to programfiles folder on aoe3 folder or replace the inside of it ?

obliviongate
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by AOE_Fan Wed 28 Aug 2013 - 0:08

Hopefully instructions with pictures help:
Step 1:
Spoiler:
Step 2:
Spoiler:
Step 3:
Spoiler:
Step 4:
Spoiler:

Can you please try deleting your C:\Users\Your Name\Documents\My Games\Knights and Barbarians folder and repeat the steps 1 and 2?
AOE_Fan
AOE_Fan
K&B Leader
K&B Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by obliviongate Wed 28 Aug 2013 - 0:25

i did exactly like that and still the error 0003: Could not compile file 'aiLoaderStandard.xs' occur T_T.. is it because i install the aoe 3 complete edition ? or is it because i put my aoe 3 in local disk d folder ?

obliviongate
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by AOE_Fan Wed 28 Aug 2013 - 1:06

Hmm, I don't really know (other people are better with install help)... You could of course try installing Aoe3 to C drive (that's where it's usually installed) and try again. Make sure you have TAD patched to 1.03 too.

Also, I have the Complete Collection as well so that shouldn't be the problem.
AOE_Fan
AOE_Fan
K&B Leader
K&B Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by obliviongate Wed 28 Aug 2013 - 1:10

yeah maybe gotta instal it on drice c T_T sigh..

obliviongate
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Wed 28 Aug 2013 - 1:27

I've got my AoE3 copy installed on the D:\ drive as well, it shouldn't cause any problems.

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

http://twitter.com/rjfaber91

Back to top Go down

Post by obliviongate Wed 28 Aug 2013 - 2:39

i rly dont understand even after i install on c the mod wont work T_T... im near giving up right now

Age of Empires 3 error 0003: Could not compile file 'aiLoaderStandard.xs'  Screen18

Age of Empires 3 error 0003: Could not compile file 'aiLoaderStandard.xs'  Screen14

Age of Empires 3 error 0003: Could not compile file 'aiLoaderStandard.xs'  Screen15

Age of Empires 3 error 0003: Could not compile file 'aiLoaderStandard.xs'  Screen20

i hope you guys could look into it, i apreciate all the help

obliviongate
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by AOE_Fan Wed 28 Aug 2013 - 5:55

Well, at least I can see you haven't installed the Prologue Patch 1 properly. Follow the instructions in the Readme and you should get that done right.
Also, try deleting ALL the files from your My Games\Age of Empires III\AI3 folder, if there are any.
AOE_Fan
AOE_Fan
K&B Leader
K&B Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Vvv Wed 28 Aug 2013 - 6:33

Complete collection is from Steam, to work with Steam, you must 
delete all the XMB. Files in Data folder.

The Steam folder is: C: Program Files\Steam\stemapps\common\Age Of Empires 3\bin
Vvv
Vvv
Voulgier
Voulgier

Back to top Go down

Post by obliviongate Wed 28 Aug 2013 - 9:50

okay thanks guys gonna try it right now Very Happy

obliviongate
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by obliviongate Wed 28 Aug 2013 - 17:17

problem solve grinning  thumbs up  delete the god damn xmb. file on aoe 3 data folder (all of it) to anyone that have the same problem with me. Smile

obliviongate
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down