thasdasdas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Patriotism Thread

+15
Harkimo
Losinal
Pepp
General_II
Hoop Thrower
chris17
spangopola
Nero
Yerry
AOE_Fan
iliander
The Dude
arcalion
peugeot407
Paco the Great
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Happy Re: The Patriotism Thread

Post by peugeot407 Fri 25 Nov 2011 - 12:36

The only person who saved Christianity in Europe, as far as I'm concerned, is Martin Luther, and he saved Christianity from it's own corruption, not from some supposedly hostile foreign religion.

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

http://twitter.com/rjfaber91

Back to top Go down

Post by danielpereira Tue 3 Jan 2012 - 9:44

peugeot407 wrote:The only person who saved Christianity in Europe, as far as I'm concerned, is Martin Luther, and he saved Christianity from it's own corruption, not from some supposedly hostile foreign religion.

peugeot407
Agreed thumbs up thumbs up
danielpereira
danielpereira
Member of a Major Mod
Member of a Major Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Sun 22 Jan 2012 - 15:02

Another reason why Poland is awesome. We have one of the most stable economies in Europe. Proof you say? We haven't been effected much by the rescission, at all. In fact unemployment has gone down. Also are GDP is still growing, and we're ranked 20th in the world, above countries such as Holland, Belgium, Finland, and Sweden.)
The Dude
The Dude
Administrator
Administrator

http://knightsandbarbarians.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AOE_Fan Sun 22 Jan 2012 - 21:16

And still, Poland's credit rating is only good/high? Some countries have the best credit ratings, ehm, Finland, Netherlands, Sweden, Norway etc. Razz
AOE_Fan
AOE_Fan
K&B Leader
K&B Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by iliander Sun 22 Jan 2012 - 22:42

Don't be such a fool, Dude.
iliander
iliander
Custom rank: Lord Enki

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Mon 23 Jan 2012 - 0:38

That's not foolish at all. Poland is many things, but not economically weak. Its population, level of education and attitude to work make Poland a potential economic powerhouse to rival the likes of the Great Three, Germany, France and the UK. You may not have noticed it, but ever since the fall of the Iron Curtain, Poland has worked very hard to get back to its former strength, and while it's still behind politically, their economy really is starting to break through.

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepp Mon 23 Jan 2012 - 19:27

I'm proud to be Indonesian. Why? Because in Indonesia, we have the worst corrupters in the world. thumbs up
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

Post by leereyzhe Wed 25 Jan 2012 - 16:54

I'm proud to be from a little island country that is not internationally recognized or has a seat in the UN, but will one day recapture mainland China. Why?
Because we are not communists! :lol:

I'm also proud to be an American because it is the land of the free and home of the brave! Knight
leereyzhe
leereyzhe
Hobilar
Hobilar

http://squrclub.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by iliander Wed 25 Jan 2012 - 22:41

Forget it, the Belgians are the most brave. (Caesar said it himself!) grinning grinning
iliander
iliander

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Thu 26 Jan 2012 - 2:13

The Belgians certainly are better than the Dutch in every imaginable way... We share much of our language and culture with the Flemish, but they just do everything a tiny little bit better.

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by iliander Thu 26 Jan 2012 - 2:55

Well, not in everything.

For example, the Belgian roads suck badly (probably the worst of all Europe?) and we have the highest number of suicide by youngsters of the whole world (a record!). Oh, and our government sucks too, even if we have one.

It's just that nobody can beat us in the art of French Belgian Fries. grinning grinning
iliander
iliander

Back to top Go down

Post by danielpereira Thu 26 Jan 2012 - 3:01

Oh, and our government sucks too, even if we have one.
Your government sucks ? The Brazilian one is worse....
danielpereira
danielpereira
Member of a Major Mod
Member of a Major Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by iliander Thu 26 Jan 2012 - 3:12

Keep in mind that we only have a government since a month or so...

Did you know that there's almost no light on the streets when it's dark?
iliander
iliander

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Thu 26 Jan 2012 - 9:58

Accident waiting to happen...
The Dude
The Dude
Administrator
Administrator

http://knightsandbarbarians.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Fri 27 Jan 2012 - 2:10

No, that's excellent. I don't know if you've ever been in the Netherlands, but every crossroads, no matter how desolate, is lit by twenty lightposts, has a dozen of traffic signs on either side, and gets repaved every time there's a slight dent in the tarmac. All of that is utter spillage, which is why I like the Belgian way far more. The road surface in Wallonia is absolutely intolerable, it's like driving on gravel, but in my experience, that in Flanders is considerably better, and while worse than in the Netherlands, not bad by any means. I know there's a blown tyre on the hard shoulder every few hundred meters (can you explain to me why, iliander? I've always wondered) and there are more dents in the Armco than there are in the face of that Walloon minister who appeared drunk in parliament last year (witboek, eh?), but at least that gives the road some soul. You may want Dutch roads, but I can tell you they're extremely dull, because everything is so clinical, simply too perfectionist.

Driving around in the Netherlands is like driving around in a laboratory. Everything is very clean and very precisely done, but there's nothing to make you feel home. Driving around in Belgium is like driving around in your bedroom. Sure, it's a bit of a mess, but it still works, and it feels much more human, if you know what I mean.

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by iliander Fri 27 Jan 2012 - 3:36

peugeot407 wrote:No, that's excellent. I don't know if you've ever been in the Netherlands, but every crossroads, no matter how desolate, is lit by twenty lightposts, has a dozen of traffic signs on either side, and gets repaved every time there's a slight dent in the tarmac. All of that is utter spillage, which is why I like the Belgian way far more. The road surface in Wallonia is absolutely intolerable, it's like driving on gravel, but in my experience, that in Flanders is considerably better, and while worse than in the Netherlands, not bad by any means. I know there's a blown tyre on the hard shoulder every few hundred meters (can you explain to me why, iliander? I've always wondered) and there are more dents in the Armco than there are in the face of that Walloon minister who appeared drunk in parliament last year (witboek, eh?), but at least that gives the road some soul. You may want Dutch roads, but I can tell you they're extremely dull, because everything is so clinical, simply too perfectionist.

Driving around in the Netherlands is like driving around in a laboratory. Everything is very clean and very precisely done, but there's nothing to make you feel home. Driving around in Belgium is like driving around in your bedroom. Sure, it's a bit of a mess, but it still works, and it feels much more human, if you know what I mean.

peugeot407

Of course spillage isn't good, but a heavily increased risk of accidents is even worse. I don't know how they're called, but Belgium could perfectly well use those short sticks that reflect light (what is it named?) while they don't. There isn't enough light, trust me.

The road in Flanders is intolerable too, it's just bad for your car, a perfectly clean and smooth road is always better, isn't it? One of my two grandpas lives in the Netherlands, when across the border between Belgium and the Netherlands, it's a huge difference. Immediately you notice that you're out of forsaken Belgium because the roads are drivable. :lol:
iliander
iliander

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Fri 27 Jan 2012 - 3:53

If you cross the border from the Netherlands to Belgium you immediately notice it as well, because houses become twice the size... Housing really is much, much cheaper in Belgium than it is in the Netherlands.

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by iliander Fri 27 Jan 2012 - 3:55

But in Belgium, the houses are generally ulgy, much more ugly than in other countries.
iliander
iliander

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Fri 27 Jan 2012 - 5:03

I disagree. Sure, they're not all architectural high points, but they're generally better than in the Netherlands. Oh, and behold Germany... The Germans really have a nack of building extremely uninspirational boxes.

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by iliander Fri 27 Jan 2012 - 6:25

Robert, I live in Belgium. And I can assure you that 99% of all houses are ugly, boring, uninspired, have the wrong color or don't fit with the other houses. The Netherlands and Germany are much better concerning houses and roads.
iliander
iliander

Back to top Go down

Post by danielpereira Fri 27 Jan 2012 - 7:28

iliander wrote:Robert, I live in Belgium. And I can assure you that 99% of all houses are ugly, boring, uninspired, have the wrong color or don't fit with the other houses. The Netherlands and Germany are much better concerning houses and roads.
I recommend you travel to Brazil, since you think that your houses are the worse....
danielpereira
danielpereira
Member of a Major Mod
Member of a Major Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Fri 27 Jan 2012 - 11:41

Just steer clear of the centre of Rio, since it's now a pile of rubble. grinning

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoop Thrower Fri 27 Jan 2012 - 11:57

You think that's bad? There's literal piles of rubble on the streets of some cities that had been left there since the earthquake from 2 years ago...
Hoop Thrower
Hoop Thrower
Modding Councillor
Modding Councillor

Back to top Go down

Post by danielpereira Sat 28 Jan 2012 - 1:26

peugeot407 wrote:Just steer clear of the centre of Rio, since it's now a pile of rubble. grinning

peugeot407
Yeah, I forgot that.
danielpereira
danielpereira
Member of a Major Mod
Member of a Major Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3