thasdasdas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Patriotism Thread

+15
Harkimo
Losinal
Pepp
General_II
Hoop Thrower
chris17
spangopola
Nero
Yerry
AOE_Fan
iliander
The Dude
arcalion
peugeot407
Paco the Great
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Happy Re: The Patriotism Thread

Post by The Dude Thu 14 Jul 2011 - 15:06

General_II wrote:America is the best country cuz it's where all my favorite games come from.
:lol:

As far as I know the most well known game series from Poland is the Witcher.
The Dude
The Dude
Administrator
Administrator

http://knightsandbarbarians.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nero Thu 14 Jul 2011 - 17:54

Which is an awesome game, by the way.
Lets not rule out Japan. Since we have no one from Japan here and I love Japan, I will defend it Knight .

1. A very rich history.
2. Unique culture
3. Beautiful landscape
4. SAMURAI
5. NINJA
6. Unique architecture
7. They still have a monarch
8. 98.5% of their population is Japanese (most countries have many more immigrants)
9. There one of the most technologically advanced in the world.
10. And many other redeeming qualities that I can't remember
Nero
Nero
Kataphraktos
Kataphraktos

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Thu 14 Jul 2011 - 20:52

It's funny, many of my favourite games come from either Britain (Creative Assembly for the Total War series, Codemasters for the DiRT series) or the Commonwealth (Ubisoft Montreal made the AC series after all).

But still, I think many good games do indeed come from the US. With other popular media it's less clear though, I think the best films either come from the UK or are full of British actors (Pirates of the Caribbean ftw), and for me the amount of British music I like outnumbers the amount of American music by about 20:1.

I think the latter's not too surprising when listening mostly to softrock music, since the Americans make so little of it, and the vast majority is cheap pop crap.

peugeot407

PS: AOE_Fan's statistics confirm it, the Belgians are roughly 50% more murderous than the British.
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

http://twitter.com/rjfaber91

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepp Fri 15 Jul 2011 - 1:27

Indonesia, because:
1. It can stand for 66 years, even with Malaysia and Australia beside her Razz
2. We have two great president, which ones is something overpowered, Ir. Achmad Soekarno, and General Soeharto.
3. There is 5 Europeans conquistadors and 1 Japanese who want to conquer us, meaning that we are far more rich than them, before they enslaved us... (thanks to Robert).
4. There is 7 different architecture in Indonesia, they are Traditional (which consist more than 50 different architecture), Islam, Hindu, Buddhism, Indian, European, and Chinese.
5. We have Jakarta, the (probably) most annoying capital city in the world.
6. We have Bali, the (probably) most beautiful island, beside Maldives and Hawaii.
7. We can stand against more than 20 different rebellion, the actives now are Organisasi Papua Merdeka (OPM), Republijk of South Maluku (RMS), Negara Islam Indonesia (NII).
8. There is 5 recognized religion in Indonesia, they are Catholic (Counted among it: Catholic and Orthodox), Christian (counted among it: Protestant, Anglican, Evangelism, Baptist, Presbyterian, Mormon, etc...), Hindu, Buddha (Mahayana and Hinayana), Islam (Shiite, Sunni, and Sufi).
9. There is 200 different race and tribe in Indonesia, with 100 more different language.
10. There is 50 more different weapon in Indonesia.
11. There is 100 more different textile in Indonesia.
12. There is 90 more different art, dance, song, in Indonesia.
13. We have Anggun, which is a famous singer in France today.
14. We have more than 20 different traditional religion.
15. We have more than 7.000 islands.
16. We have more than 1.000 corrupter Razz
17. We have more than 1.000.000.000.000.000.000.000 US$ debt to any country or international organization...
18. We have more than 15 National politic problem, only for 2011.
19. We have the sun for everyday.
20. We have more than 29.000 different species of anything.
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Fri 15 Jul 2011 - 3:20

The only reason why there are so many rebellions is because Indonesia is just a combination of old self-controlled states that are now all controlled by Javans. I don't have any personal grudge against Javans, but I know they aren't too well loved in Celebes, Papua and Timor, probably among other places.

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Paco the Great Fri 15 Jul 2011 - 5:16

Wales! We have leeks, and Caerphilly cheese, on the food side of things, awesome names (although the South is Anglicised nowadays), an awesome flag, a nice anthem (the English one's so bad), and we're Celtic and that is the best ethnicity in the world!

Ok, whole UK.

Quite democratic, especially as, because the Queen is posh, the PM is an ordinary person.

The best country at puddings.

A kingdom, and therefore has a unique mediæval style.

Norway

Very democratic, and the system of deposits on bottles and the like is a brilliant idea.

Also a kingdom, and Nordic.

Extremely awesome!

Ireland

Pretty much like Wales, and also awesome.

Dancing!
Paco the Great
Paco the Great
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Fri 15 Jul 2011 - 5:22

Makes me wonder why you use the Mongol flag as your avatar, when K&B will also include the Vikings (which will focus on Denmark but not exclude Norway) and the English (which actually has some Welsh units and techs).

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Paco the Great Fri 15 Jul 2011 - 5:23

I like the Golden Horde, but I just saw the flag and thought it was cool.

And now Spain. It's not in my family, like the others I said, but I largely grew up there, so...

Chorizo! Jamon! Queso Fresco (and Manchego)! Tortilla Española! Brilliant food!

A monarchy, so...

Santiaguistas and Mozarabs (awesome history)!

Should still use pesetas!

¡Inverted punctuation marks (¡!¿?)!
Paco the Great
Paco the Great
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoop Thrower Fri 15 Jul 2011 - 6:44

Another thing for Chile, we've got the most hardcore native americans ever: The Mapuche
They drove out of their territories the Incas, Spanish, Dutch, French, Chileans and Argentineans and they keep on fighting for their lands after all these centuries...
Hoop Thrower
Hoop Thrower
Modding Councillor
Modding Councillor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepp Sat 16 Jul 2011 - 16:57

The only reason why there are so many rebellions is because Indonesia is just a combination of old self-controlled states that are now all controlled by Javans. I don't have any personal grudge against Javans, but I know they aren't too well loved in Celebes, Papua and Timor, probably among other places.

Absolutely yes, but also because the economy of Indonesia is ruled by the over rich Indonesian Chinese, and person alike Aburizal Bakrie.
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Sun 17 Jul 2011 - 3:24

What are you Pepp? Javan?
The Dude
The Dude
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Sun 17 Jul 2011 - 3:26

Well, he lives on Java, but I don't know if he's ethnically Javan.

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepp Sun 17 Jul 2011 - 3:38

Half Java and Half Chinese or maybe Javan...
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

Post by Losinal Sat 20 Aug 2011 - 3:50

Canada:

1) Probably the most respected countries in the world.
2) Has one of the best trained military in the world (Man-to-man)
3) Excellent economic stability.
4) BACON!!!
5) Epic Meal Time...
6) BACON!!!!
Losinal
Losinal
Hobilar
Hobilar

http://www.xfire.com/profile/

Back to top Go down

Post by AOE_Fan Sat 20 Aug 2011 - 3:52

You're not seriously watching that crap? It's horrible, if you think about Africa... Mad
AOE_Fan
AOE_Fan
K&B Leader
K&B Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoop Thrower Sat 20 Aug 2011 - 9:19

And what's the relation between Africa and EMT? They are not wasting the food, they always end up eating it in the end, so beside of it being really exaggerated, I don't see a problem with it.
Not mentioning the fact that africans wouldn't want to receive that food anyways, if we take Somalia as a precedent...
Hoop Thrower
Hoop Thrower
Modding Councillor
Modding Councillor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harkimo Tue 30 Aug 2011 - 0:56

Patriotism is bullshit, as you can't choose where you were born DOT! Clubs are useless
Harkimo
Harkimo
Voulgier
Voulgier

Back to top Go down

Post by iliander Tue 30 Aug 2011 - 1:57

I find that a very clever "answer", let me increase your chivalry for that!
iliander
iliander
Custom rank: Lord Enki

Back to top Go down

Post by The Phantom Shadow Tue 30 Aug 2011 - 13:10

MY HOMELAND OF FORVIKA IS THE GREATEST IN THE WORLD

WE DON'T HAVE AN ECONOMY, SO IT CAN'T GO DOWN
The Phantom Shadow
The Phantom Shadow
Testing Account
Testing Account

Back to top Go down

Post by CroYugo Fri 25 Nov 2011 - 0:11

Croatian invented AC current
invented product that help you to old more slower
we have badass soldier's
we have one of best sport's man in world
we had save the Christan Europe
we have won one of most bigger wars in history of Europe

we are mighty

and yes i am not nationalist
i am Patriot king
CroYugo
CroYugo
Enemy of the Realm
Enemy of the Realm

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Fri 25 Nov 2011 - 0:40

Please, don't even try... We all know that the stories one hears in history classes are hugely exxagerated, don't go and actually believe them.

And whatever else you do, don't tell me any of the 'saved Christian Europe' nonsense. Do you know what Sultan Murad III (1574-1595) once wrote to Christian communities in Flanders and Spain?

Sultan Murad III wrote:As you, for your part, do not worship idols, you have banished the idols and portraits and "bells" from churches, and declared your faith by stating that God Almighty is one and Holy Jesus is His Prophet and Servant, and now, with heart and soul, are seeking and desirous of the true faith; but the faithless one they call Papa does not recognize his Creator as One, ascribing divinity to Holy Jesus (upon him be peace!), and worshiping idols and pictures which he has made with his own hands, thus casting doubt upon the oneness of God and instigating how many servants to that path of error.

Or perhaps Suleiman the Magnificent, which you will probably see as nigh the Antichrist? Well, he wrote this about the Protestants of the Low Countries and England, highly praising their piety and despise of unscriptural Catholic doctrine:

Sultan Suleiman the Magnificent wrote:(...) since they did not worship idols, believed in one God and fought against the Pope and Emperor (Charles V, red.)

Apart from that, I must say that the Ottoman Empire was probably the most religiously tolerant nation of its time, particularly in its early years, when other countries were far stricter. Apart from the fact that everybody was free to practise his own religion, many governors, particularly in the European part of the empire, were Christians. Some of the Janissaries were converted to Islam, but equally many weren't, and at least a third of the Ottoman Army was Christian, mostly Orthodox. In fact, the Ottomans actively protected religious minorities, and protected them against violent behaviour by other religions, most notably of all they defended the Protestant communities of the Balkans against the violent Catholic Counter Reformation, and it is well known that the Jewish community thrived under the Ottomans, where it is worth mentioning that the Ottomans offered refuge to victims of the horrible Spanish Inquisition, not just Muslims but also Protestants and Jews.

Next time you try to say such blatant lies, please consider these things, and consider most of all that Catholicism is but one of the many Christianities, despite what His Popeness may claim.

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Fri 25 Nov 2011 - 5:14

Apart from that, I must say that the Ottoman Empire was probably the most religiously tolerant nation of its time
Nah

Catholics, Protestants, Orthodoxy (would you call someone from the Orthodox church?), Jews, and Muslims all lived in the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, without any persecution. Also, Counter Reformation in Poland was not violent.

And may I remind thee :
In 1514, Sultan Selim I, nicknamed “the Grim” because of his cruelty, ordered the massacre of 40,000 Anatolian Shi'ites, whom he considered heretics, reportedly proclaiming that "the killing of one Shiite had as much otherworldly reward as killing 70 Christians.

It seemed to vary depending on the Sultan, and sure the level of tolerance did fluctuate in Poland, but I have no knowledge of anything like this happening before the Warsaw Confederation.

In Poland it was a right to worship freely.

We all know that the stories one hears in history classes are hugely exaggerated, don't go and actually believe them.

I do agree with you however, Savior of Christendom is an exaggeration, but it could mean something else. Instead of meaning saving Christianity, it could have just meant that Christian Europe had been saved from being conquered. (Without Slavic victories agansit the Ottoman Empire, they would have kept expanding into Europe, Christianity itself wouldn't have been destroyed, but many Christian nations could have)
The Dude
The Dude
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by iliander Fri 25 Nov 2011 - 5:29

Apart from that, I must say that the Ottoman Empire was probably the most religiously tolerant nation of its time
Don't claim these nonsense things!!! Any idea of how anti-other-religion their religion actually was/is?
iliander
iliander

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Fri 25 Nov 2011 - 6:05

I'm not speaking about Islam but about the Sublime Porte... And even if I were to speak of Islam, most Turks (including the Ottoman sultans) are Sunni, which is a far friendlier variant of Islam than Shia Islam. Not even all Shia Muslims are aggresive in their views of other religions though...

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoop Thrower Fri 25 Nov 2011 - 12:24

I thought the saviors of christianity in Europe were Charlemagne/Pelayo from Iberia and Vlad the Impaler in eastern Europe (his methods were very gruesome, but hey, they were effective...)
Hoop Thrower
Hoop Thrower
Modding Councillor
Modding Councillor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next