thasdasdas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Film Thread

3 posters

Go down

The Film Thread Empty The Film Thread

Post by Synecdoche Mon 16 Jul 2012 - 14:35

So, I was inspired by Moonrise Kingdom, Wes Anderson's latest masterpiece of storytelling. Anyone else seen it? It was absolutely gorgeous in its concept and execution. It was damn funny to boot. 9.8/10, with .5 taken off for making me slightly uncomfortable, and .3 added back for making me question why it did that.

My favorite movies: Brick, the Seventh Seal, and Pan's Labyrinth.

Upcoming films I'm excited to see: Anna Karenina, but I don't expect much in the way of brilliant acting, and the Great Gatsby. Hollywood producers are going through that kick they go through every four years or so where they try to reboot classic works of literature right now (it comes right after they do the same thing with comic books) but I'm quite excited to see how they interpret the subtext and feel of Tolstoy and Fitzgerald. I'm going to give the edge to The Great Gatsby based off of the teasers I've seen so far.
Synecdoche
Synecdoche
K&B Team Member
K&B Team Member

Back to top Go down

The Film Thread Empty Re: The Film Thread

Post by AOE_Fan Sat 23 Nov 2013 - 1:59

I watched The Passion of Joan D'Arc on TV yesterday and I was positively surprised .It's pure perfection achieved with very careful choice of close shots from various camera angles with beautiful use of lighting to capture the mood of each scene. If a silent, black-and-white film with running time of almost two hours can captivate me for the whole length, it's really something special. I really can't remember another film with such good acting...
AOE_Fan
AOE_Fan
K&B Leader
K&B Leader

Back to top Go down

The Film Thread Empty Re: The Film Thread

Post by peugeot407 Sun 24 Nov 2013 - 0:45

A silent film? You didn't get any idea for her taunts in K&B then? Razz

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder