thasdasdas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the timeline of the Spanish civ? (or more generally, the mod in general)

3 posters

Go down

What is the timeline of the Spanish civ? (or more generally, the mod in general) Empty What is the timeline of the Spanish civ? (or more generally, the mod in general)

Post by dietermoreno Fri 22 Aug 2014 - 11:23

What is the timeline of the Spanish civ? Or more generally, what is the timeline of the mod in general?

In normal AoE3 each age up increases the timeline.

In K&B each age up makes your settlement more important, starting with Village Age and ending with City Age.

When I played as the Jews order (my first time ever playing the mod) today (sorry i forget their name), I noticed that in age 5 you can research a tech calling "black powder" at the school that unlocks hand gunners, bombards, and gun carracks.

I researched it and indeed had the upper hand in the game to be able to take out walls with a ranged unit instead of using sappers. In addition to quiet the upper hand in bombarding the town from sea. The gun carrack is pretty much indestructable for  what it will encounter in this mod other than against another gun carrack  or against bombards. but for all intensive purposes of what the AI is capable of, the gun carrack is equivalent to the indestructable mustard gas zeppelin in Wotta.

by the way, I love that this mod makes walls only destructable by siege units instead of a pikeman able to burn down a stone wall.

I also even saw a tech named "Age of Discovery" that makes shipments come faster.

Will you do more with "Age of Discovery" and gun powder units for the Spanish as their bonus, or do all civs have the same advanced techs and gun powder units in Age 5 like all civs in Wotta have the same advanced techs and GW units in GW age?

If you do more with the Spanish as their bonus, that begs the question, what is the timeline of the mod per age?

It seems like Age 5 so far is maybe the 15th century where cannons were slow and heavy experimental units and gun powder infantry were hand held artillery units.

I think the next advance in gun powder infantry technology was the match lock that was widely used by the Spanish in the conquest of the new world in the 16th century.

Maybe match lock can be a unique tech for the Spanish that extend their timeline farther into the future.

Then maybe arquibusier can be a Spanish unique unit unlocked by the match lock tech.

Maybe Spanish Armada can be a unique tech for the Spanish that doubles the build limit of their gun carracks and replaces the transport ship (I forget its name) with the caravel.

Conquistador as a unique unit would be good too.
dietermoreno
dietermoreno
Enemy of the Realm
Enemy of the Realm

https://www.youtube.com/dietermoreno

Back to top Go down

What is the timeline of the Spanish civ? (or more generally, the mod in general) Empty Re: What is the timeline of the Spanish civ? (or more generally, the mod in general)

Post by Pepp Fri 22 Aug 2014 - 11:35

TL;DR. Try to write only the important things and please make good paragraphs so that at least I will read it.To your questions; the timeline is from 500 AD to 1500 AD. There won't be any matchlock tech as it is already represented by Black Powder. Spanish Civ Outline was already posted by Robert thousand days ago, read it.
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

What is the timeline of the Spanish civ? (or more generally, the mod in general) Empty Re: What is the timeline of the Spanish civ? (or more generally, the mod in general)

Post by dietermoreno Fri 22 Aug 2014 - 14:26

It appears that great minds think alike. I just read the Spanish civ outline that isn't in the updates forum, and pretty much everything I said is happening.

Except the "matchlock" tech is actually the "Gun Power Technology" tech, and the caravel is replaced by the cannon.

You do have arquibusiers, just you changed the name to a specific name.

Time for the Spaniards to conquer the Aztecs after they get bored conquering Europe.

Maybe sometime you will have a civ loader like Wotta so Spain can play against Aztec.
dietermoreno
dietermoreno
Enemy of the Realm
Enemy of the Realm

https://www.youtube.com/dietermoreno

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Fri 22 Aug 2014 - 22:01

K&B's timeframe starts with the Fall of Rome in 476, and ends with the Peace of Cateau-Cambrésis in 1559.

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

http://twitter.com/rjfaber91

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepp Fri 22 Aug 2014 - 22:35

Time for the Spaniards to conquer the Aztecs after they get bored conquering Europe.
El Cid called me yesterday, he said he hadn't seen any sign of Moors. He wouldn't go to America before he met the Moors.
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down