thasdasdas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Dalmatia RM included in the current release of K&B?

+2
Pepp
dietermoreno
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is Dalmatia RM included in the current release of K&B? Empty Is Dalmatia RM included in the current release of K&B?

Post by dietermoreno Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 15:29

I'm back guys, and I've left the dark side and will only talk about modding here because I have Facebook for spamming.

My question: is Dalmatia RM included in the current release of K&B?

If it is, I want to reverse engineer it so I can have water trade routes so that's why i want to know, because i would install K&B just to get Dalmatia.

Actually, even better would be a K&B archive without the installer so i can just look at the map code, but i understand if you don't want to do that because you want me to play your mod.

I saw that it has a water trade route here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/knights-and-barbarians/news/map-showcase-dalmatia
dietermoreno
dietermoreno
Enemy of the Realm
Enemy of the Realm

https://www.youtube.com/dietermoreno

Back to top Go down

Is Dalmatia RM included in the current release of K&B? Empty Re: Is Dalmatia RM included in the current release of K&B?

Post by Pepp Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 20:51

I don't understand what do you mean, but about the current one has Dalmatia, yes.
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

Is Dalmatia RM included in the current release of K&B? Empty Re: Is Dalmatia RM included in the current release of K&B?

Post by peugeot407 Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 22:21

Two Prologue maps have a water trade route, Dalmatia and Bosphorus.

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

http://twitter.com/rjfaber91

Back to top Go down

Post by ACN45trooper Thu 31 Oct 2013 - 9:18

Really?, when I installed K&B it didn't appear to me any new RM
ACN45trooper
ACN45trooper
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepp Sat 2 Nov 2013 - 0:03

It isn't among the default maps, it is in the custom maps.
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

Post by ACN45trooper Sat 2 Nov 2013 - 10:12

I see, thanks Pepp
ACN45trooper
ACN45trooper
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by dietermoreno Thu 7 Nov 2013 - 14:21

Do you have a K&B download without the installer so I can just install the map and keep Wotta installed without having to worry about a mod loader?
dietermoreno
dietermoreno
Enemy of the Realm
Enemy of the Realm

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Thu 7 Nov 2013 - 23:58

No. Not unless you want a map that doesn't work because you lack the correct protounits, anyway.

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by dietermoreno Sat 9 Nov 2013 - 2:42

Oh I see.

Well then, I guess I'm going to have to install the SCP mod loader if I want to play on a water map.

Then after I play on it a few times in K&B I can try to convert it to work in Wotta by adding the correct protounits and any other files to Wotta referenced to in the map script.
dietermoreno
dietermoreno
Enemy of the Realm
Enemy of the Realm

Back to top Go down

Post by AOE_Fan Sat 9 Nov 2013 - 2:46

Unfortunately I cannot allow you to make modifications on my maps to work with other mods.
AOE_Fan
AOE_Fan
K&B Leader
K&B Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepp Sat 9 Nov 2013 - 3:12

Haha, I love copyright and license.
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

Post by dietermoreno Sat 9 Nov 2013 - 18:32

AOE_Fan wrote:Unfortunately I cannot allow you to make modifications on my maps to work with other mods.
Understandable.

but I guess I can be "inspired" to make a similar map with a water trade route looking at your map script.

I wish the modding community would be more open to sharing knowledge, but I'm not surprised.
dietermoreno
dietermoreno
Enemy of the Realm
Enemy of the Realm

Back to top Go down

Post by AOE_Fan Sat 9 Nov 2013 - 20:22

Sure, you can use parts from the map for your own uses but if I see an exact copy of Dalmatia with just the name of the map creator changed, I'll be sure to do my best to bring the download down at least from Aoe3 related sites.
AOE_Fan
AOE_Fan
K&B Leader
K&B Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by dietermoreno Sun 10 Nov 2013 - 3:27

AOE_Fan wrote:Sure, you can use parts from the map for your own uses but if I see an exact copy of Dalmatia with just the name of the map creator changed, I'll be sure to do my best to bring the download down at least from Aoe3 related sites.
Nah man, you said no so I wouldn't do that.  For my own uses it would be trying to figure out how to put a water trade route on a completely different map.  I would be trying to put a water trade route on Amazon.  And if that succeeds, then I would try to add several tributaries to the map to make it more unique and then i would try to add some swamp areas to make it even more unique.  Then I would name it "Amazon lowlands", to represent the Amazon closer to the ocean where there are many tributaries with much trade occuring on the rivers.

And if that succeeds, then I could try to take out all of the tributaries except 2 and make the river narrower and give it a winding course and add mountains.  Then I would name that map "Amazon highlands", and it could have Coca fields as native settlements, to represent the jungle in Columbia and surrounding areas.

Then after this excercise is completed with modifying an existing map script, I can start making things from scratch and I can make a "The Missisippi" map.

So many exciting possibilities with water trade routes. River maps were once just land maps with water you can wade across, but now they can effect the gameplay in a similar way to ocean maps. I mean since the trade route is on water, now you can't hide on land anymore and you MUST defend the waterfront or else lose out on trade. These rivers would all be navigable of course, so that you can be attacked!

Since the AI can't put troops in ships, it would be best to have a navigable river with two river crossings.
dietermoreno
dietermoreno
Enemy of the Realm
Enemy of the Realm

Back to top Go down

Post by ACN45trooper Sun 10 Nov 2013 - 7:03

[quote="dietermoreno"]And if that succeeds, then I could try to take out all of the tributaries except 2 and make the river narrower and give it a winding course and add mountains.  Then I would name that map "Amazon highlands", and it could have Coca fields as native settlements, to represent the jungle in Columbia and surrounding areas. [quote]

First of all, it is "Colombia", second, Colombia only touches a bit of the Amazon river, and third, Coca!? really? The jungles of the western Amazon have lots of more things and you choose Coca? I now that my f***ing country is globally famous because narcotrafic, bot Colombia is such MORE than that, it is biodiversity, it is rich in culture, not only guerrilla and drugs.
ACN45trooper
ACN45trooper
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Sun 10 Nov 2013 - 10:19

The negative connotation of cocaine is actually a very recent phenomenon, in the 19th century it was a luxury delicatesse. I hate to say that Dieter is right about something, but he is here...

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ACN45trooper Sun 10 Nov 2013 - 10:49

About what is he right? that Colombia is only Cocaine?! You also think that, Robert?
ACN45trooper
ACN45trooper
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Sun 10 Nov 2013 - 11:36

Of course not, but it would be virtually impossible (and slightly dull) to accurately represent the complete flora and fauna of a certain area, and if said area is famous for a cash crop that was grown there, it seems entirely fair to me to include it. Nobody would claim Colombia is or was only about cocaine, nor India about opium, Somalia about khat or Morocco about marihuana, but those countries are typically associated with said drugs, and especially for a mod set in a time when all these drugs were perfectly legal and socially accepted, I really don't see the problem.

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ACN45trooper Sun 10 Nov 2013 - 12:58

Ok, whatevs, I like your point of view. Just is that I had seen that ALL the world resumes Colombia in three words:
-Coffee
-Narcos (people in drugs traffic)
-Violence
ACN45trooper
ACN45trooper
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepp Sun 10 Nov 2013 - 13:02

Stop off topic please, Sirs...
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Dragon Mon 11 Nov 2013 - 21:39

On topic : I was not able to build trading posts in naval trading post sockets of the Bosphorus & Dalmatia maps respectively. I think I played it before installing the patch though.

Off topic : In reference to the above comments I will like to conclude it as an example of typical stereotype and yes Colombia is more than that. ACN45Trooper you forgot to mention football and a few others but let's move the discussion somewhere else and not go off topic and maybe create .....like a "Stereotype Thread". What do you say?
Golden Dragon
Golden Dragon
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Mon 11 Nov 2013 - 22:49

I seem to remember there were indeed some problems with that, but I believe those were fixed in the patch.

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by dietermoreno Tue 12 Nov 2013 - 14:36

On topic: Just to play Dalmatia, soon I'm going to play K&B for the first time using the SCP modloader, and just that (installing K&B with the SCP modloader) I think should be a separate thread to help people who also want to use the SCP modloader to install K&B.

Off topic: After my poor attempts at RM scripting learning on AoE3H, I realized that my responses above are noob ideas until I figure out how to achieve it.  I don't know anyone except the Everglades map creator who has figured out how to make tributaries.  Also, the "coca field" native idea is strange because I was invisioning it as a replacement for mines on that map, but I'm not sure how to implement it in a way the AI will use it.  It would have to be a plantation like King of the Hill, and I think Mandos is the only one who knows how to make buildings claimable like King of the Hill.  So the new idea to make an original water trade route map is for me to convert Dalmatia into bahammas with aluminum mines, pirates and carabs as natives, orange trees instead of berry bushes (decidious tree with orange circles textured on), pirates as land treasure guardians, natives as land treasure guardians, sharks as shipwreck water treasure guardians, whales and fish of course, feral pigs (Wotta pigs retextured black and brown) as huntables, and Canadian geese (Wotta fowl retextured as Canadian geese) as huntables.
dietermoreno
dietermoreno
Enemy of the Realm
Enemy of the Realm

Back to top Go down

Post by AOE_Fan Wed 13 Nov 2013 - 0:41

How to use SCP Modloader: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0aQ2-yiixA
What do you mean with tributaries, something like in Bayou? If you actually want to try out something "new", make those pirates as water natives (sockets float on water), that's an idea which hasn't been yet implemented.

By the way, kowledge how to create claimable buildings or units has been around since the launch of Aoe3...
AOE_Fan
AOE_Fan
K&B Leader
K&B Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by dietermoreno Wed 13 Nov 2013 - 13:58

AOE_Fan wrote: If you actually want to try out something "new", make those pirates as water natives (sockets float on water), that's an idea which hasn't been yet implemented.
Good idea. I'll try that.
dietermoreno
dietermoreno
Enemy of the Realm
Enemy of the Realm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next