thasdasdas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Download Knights and Barbarians

+35
TomSpurs
ACN45trooper
Spanish_AoE
Maestrosanti
joe16
draardvark
danielpereira
DarkMantis
Huanglukuzhu
iliander
Capt-M-
NCE98
Nosferatu
CroYugo
The Dude
HAL9000
posionrun
Radwulf
Even
Charger24
Pepp
PierceBel
dietermoreno
Emigd2731
Fegelein
Tilanus Commodor
Synecdoche
chess99999
Hillys
super7700
spangopola
AOE_Fan
Tsar Stiven
Hoop Thrower
peugeot407
39 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Download Knights and Barbarians - Page 5 Empty Re: Download Knights and Barbarians

Post by draardvark Tue 16 Apr 2013 - 5:44

yep:
AI, AI2, AI3, art, avi, CAMERATRACKS, campaign, data, fonts, history channel trailers, installhelper, installhelperY, language, render, RM, RM2, RM3, shadows_selections, sound, startup, tools, trigger, trigger2, trigger3, ui, users

unless you want the subfolders as well?

draardvark
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Download Knights and Barbarians - Page 5 Empty Re: Download Knights and Barbarians

Post by peugeot407 Tue 16 Apr 2013 - 6:01

No, this is fine... I was hoping that there would have been some things gone wrong in extracting the files, but it's nothing quite this obvious... Could you do these things:

- Check if there's a subfolder called knights in K:\Games\Age of Empires III\art\units\
- Open K:\Games\Age of Empires III\data\techtreey.xml, and post the name of the first tech in the file.

Hopefully that will be more useful in troubleshooting the problem...

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

http://twitter.com/rjfaber91

Back to top Go down

Post by draardvark Tue 16 Apr 2013 - 6:09

knights folder is there.

first tech is AAkEuroStartTechs

i should say i am doing this in a copy of the aoe3 directory so the path is k:\games\copy of age of empires III\

draardvark
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Tue 16 Apr 2013 - 6:12

Ah, I see... You're trying to load it from there? Unfortunately that won't work, because the game will still take all its resources from the Age of Empires III folder, even if the executable from copy of Age of Empires III is used... You can have a backup AoE3 installation, and in fact that's an excellent thing to do, but you'll have to manually rename the folders if you want to switch between unmodded AoE3 and K&B, or use a modloader.

On another note: I've now created a tech support forum, as several people rightly mentioned it would be a useful thing to have...

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by draardvark Tue 16 Apr 2013 - 6:26

ahh, just tried it and it now loads!!

however, now nothing happens when i select age of crusades - but one thing i did yesterday was install the aoe3 improvement mod so i'm guessing that its conflicting and i'll need a clean install?

draardvark
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by Fegelein Tue 16 Apr 2013 - 6:50

You will need a clean installation, yes.
Fegelein
Fegelein
K&B Team Member
K&B Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by draardvark Tue 16 Apr 2013 - 6:54

thought so - thanks for all your help guys.

draardvark
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoop Thrower Tue 16 Apr 2013 - 8:46

Oh, the patch, finally.
Hoop Thrower
Hoop Thrower
Modding Councillor
Modding Councillor

Back to top Go down

Post by HAL9000 Sun 21 Apr 2013 - 12:55

Hey guys. I'm having the same issues as the guy further up: it just goes to asian dynasties when I open it. I saw the solution, but it was all greek to me. Could some one explain it, but in layman's terms for those of us not so technologically gifted?
HAL9000
HAL9000
Voulgier
Voulgier

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Sun 21 Apr 2013 - 20:05

Okay, if you've got the exact same problem, this is what's causing it:

The game's executable, age3y.exe, is programmed to look for its files in the place where AoE3 was installed, which normally means it will try to find them in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III\. So far, it's all pretty logical. However, the thing is that age3y will always look there, no matter where it, itself, is located. Let's say you want to install K&B but still retain a clean installation of AoE3, and you simply copied the AoE3 folder and renamed it Knights and Barbarians (or something else, the name doesn't matter). If you use the executable in the AoE3 folder it will take its data from the AoE3 folder, which seems logical, but if you use the executable in the K&B folder it will also take its data from the AoE3 folder, not the K&B folder.

What you need to do in order to fix this (unless you're using a modloader) is to make a copy of a clean AoE3 installation and install K&B there. Now you'll have two different installation folders for AoE3. In fact, you could have more. My D:\Program Files (86)\Microsoft Games\ folder looks like this:

Age of Empires III D
Age of Empires III K
Age of Empires III N
Age of Empires III O
Age of Empires III W

Five different folders, indeed. The D folder is a slightly modded AoE3 installation that I mostly use as a testbed for all sorts of things, the K folder contains K&B, the N folder contains NE, the W folder contains WotTA and the O folder is a completely clean installation. Now, since the game will only ever load from a folder called Age of Empires III, none of the above will work just like this. What I do is simply rename the folders whenever I want to use them. So, if I want to play K&B, I rename Age of Empires III K to Age of Empires III, and it'll work. If I then want to play WotTA, I simply rename Age of Empires III back to Age of Empires III K, and do the same as above, except with the W folder.

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by joe16 Mon 22 Apr 2013 - 20:07

you can give me the link to download mod packs and patches?

joe16
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Mon 22 Apr 2013 - 22:00

For the main release, look in the main post of this thread. As for the patch, you can download that from here.

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by HAL9000 Tue 23 Apr 2013 - 12:01

peugeot407 wrote:Okay, if you've got the exact same problem, this is what's causing it:

The game's executable, age3y.exe, is programmed to look for its files in the place where AoE3 was installed, which normally means it will try to find them in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III\. So far, it's all pretty logical. However, the thing is that age3y will always look there, no matter where it, itself, is located. Let's say you want to install K&B but still retain a clean installation of AoE3, and you simply copied the AoE3 folder and renamed it Knights and Barbarians (or something else, the name doesn't matter). If you use the executable in the AoE3 folder it will take its data from the AoE3 folder, which seems logical, but if you use the executable in the K&B folder it will also take its data from the AoE3 folder, not the K&B folder.

What you need to do in order to fix this (unless you're using a modloader) is to make a copy of a clean AoE3 installation and install K&B there. Now you'll have two different installation folders for AoE3. In fact, you could have more. My D:\Program Files (86)\Microsoft Games\ folder looks like this:

Age of Empires III D
Age of Empires III K
Age of Empires III N
Age of Empires III O
Age of Empires III W

Five different folders, indeed. The D folder is a slightly modded AoE3 installation that I mostly use as a testbed for all sorts of things, the K folder contains K&B, the N folder contains NE, the W folder contains WotTA and the O folder is a completely clean installation. Now, since the game will only ever load from a folder called Age of Empires III, none of the above will work just like this. What I do is simply rename the folders whenever I want to use them. So, if I want to play K&B, I rename Age of Empires III K to Age of Empires III, and it'll work. If I then want to play WotTA, I simply rename Age of Empires III back to Age of Empires III K, and do the same as above, except with the W folder.

peugeot407

Ohhh... That's simple. Thank you! I recall having to do that with other mods too. Could you mention that up front? Just mention something about it being mod-foldered in the begining. I think that's the term - Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks again!
HAL9000
HAL9000
Voulgier
Voulgier

Back to top Go down

Download Knights and Barbarians - Page 5 Empty Problem

Post by joe16 Wed 24 Apr 2013 - 2:03

why when i launch AOE3 TAD appears the error "initialization failed could not load DATAPY.BAR ?

joe16
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by AOE_Fan Wed 24 Apr 2013 - 2:48

Do you have patch 1.03 for TAD?

I created a new topic for installation problems, so this topic doesn't have to be flooded.
AOE_Fan
AOE_Fan
K&B Leader
K&B Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Maestrosanti Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 5:37

Good, just one question: does it work with fake versions of the game? Sorry if this this kind of discussions are not alowded.
Maestrosanti
Maestrosanti
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by AOE_Fan Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 5:57

Discussion about that subject isn't really suggested so all I can say is to try it yourself.
AOE_Fan
AOE_Fan
K&B Leader
K&B Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Maestrosanti Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 5:58

I see... sorry.
EDIT: it worked, i love it! well done!
Maestrosanti
Maestrosanti
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by Spanish_AoE Tue 10 Sep 2013 - 1:20

every time I try to download something from mod db I get shown this message: "The file you have selected (Knights_and_Barbarians_-_Prologue.rar) is not available via any mirrors. Please check back shortly as our servers update every 5 minutes." What can I do?
Edit: sorry for posting here, I had´nt seen the post telling not to do so.Very Happy 
Spanish_AoE
Spanish_AoE
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by AOE_Fan Tue 10 Sep 2013 - 1:30

Try downloading it via Skydrive. We'll also put up a Dropbox link in the future.
AOE_Fan
AOE_Fan
K&B Leader
K&B Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Spanish_AoE Tue 10 Sep 2013 - 2:36

one more question: I have already installed it, but when I want to play it, a screen pops up saying: INITIALLIZATION FAILED. COULD NOT FIND DATAPY.BAR
Spanish_AoE
Spanish_AoE
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by AOE_Fan Tue 10 Sep 2013 - 4:01

AOE_Fan
AOE_Fan
K&B Leader
K&B Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by ACN45trooper Wed 20 Nov 2013 - 8:05

Where's the patch 1.0.1? Can't found it
ACN45trooper
ACN45trooper
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by AOE_Fan Wed 20 Nov 2013 - 8:21

You can see the link in the main post.
AOE_Fan
AOE_Fan
K&B Leader
K&B Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Maestrosanti Wed 20 Nov 2013 - 9:15

Will there be any patch soon?
Maestrosanti
Maestrosanti
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next