thasdasdas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my game review of knights and barbarians beta: chapter house imba?

3 posters

Go down

my game review of knights and barbarians beta: chapter house imba? Empty my game review of knights and barbarians beta: chapter house imba?

Post by hello1224 Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 5:56

I was playing all races, but the best race is the Crusaders. The chapter house is the most valuable asset to this race. It should be protected most of all, because there is no rebuilding it. The villagers are really good treasure hunters, which gives a big boost to the crusader race at the begginig of the game. In all the races it is easy to pikerush, but knights are also really strong, and when you have an arsenal you can destroy buildings with them. In all the races it is easier to recover from having villagers die late in the game, because you can make farmers from your farms. This gives more flexibility, between focusing on econ and building a military.

The units I liked: specialized units by the crusaders that dont upgrade. This makes it easy to defend early in the game. If these units were more vulnerable to towers it would be harder to rush with crusaders.

The units I hated: catapults.... I dont think their range is well represented. They need to be bigger and longer ranged.

To make the game more fair ... what is the equivalent to the chapter house in the other races?

hello1224
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

my game review of knights and barbarians beta: chapter house imba? Empty Re: my game review of knights and barbarians beta: chapter house imba?

Post by peugeot407 Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 6:50

Welcome to our forums, and thank you very much for writing a review!

From your mastery of the jargon, I imagine you're a seasoned AoE3 player, which rather lessens the surprise of you liking the Crusaders. The Crusaders are not the easiest civilisation to master, and are quite a lot weaker than other civilisations late in the game, but they can indeed do a devastastingly powerful rush, which, by the way, is intended.

As for the Chapter House, it just so happens that the Crusaders are the only civilisation in the Prologue with access to it, but in the Quintessence, the next version of K&B, there will be two more civilisations that can use it, the Spanish and the Germans. While they all serve different purposes, the equivalents to the Chapter House are the Race Track for Muslim civilisations (Turks and Saracens in the Prologue) and the Town Square for European civilisations (Italians and Byzantines in the Prologue).

peugeot407

PS: In AoE3 terminology, what you call "races" are generally refered to as civilisations or civs for short. I don't personally have a problem with it, but some people do perceive calling civs "races" as being quite racist.
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

http://twitter.com/rjfaber91

Back to top Go down

my game review of knights and barbarians beta: chapter house imba? Empty Re: my game review of knights and barbarians beta: chapter house imba?

Post by Synecdoche Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 14:21

Hello, hello!

Some of the problems listed in your post are being altered currently in the balance patch that will be released quite soon, including the Crusaders receiving a number of nerfs (including a Papal Favour crate reduction and a Knight/normal soldier disparity change, among others). Take notice of the "Shield Wall" formation for use against enemy Knights next time you run into them, with proper micromanagement I guarantee that a block of spearmen will come out on top. I'm happy you're playing K&B, we always like feedback and will take your words into consideration! Knight 
Synecdoche
Synecdoche
K&B Team Member
K&B Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down