thasdasdas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

building WONDERS!

3 posters

Go down

building WONDERS! Empty building WONDERS!

Post by Kleftiko Fri 1 Feb 2013 - 7:35

I'm probably too late to make any further suggestions as from what I can see this has been going down since before 2010!
so firstly I would just like to mention the fact that I am intensely excited about this being released! I am new to the forum so please be friendly Smile
basically I just thought it would be cool If you guys got the whole wonder thing back into the game, each civ has its own wonder they can build and win a game by protecting it... I was really annoyed how they took this away in aoe 3 because really without it you can only win by making the other player resign... building a wonder helps open different aspects of winning, it also gives a lot more to a defensive player or team like the byzantines... I mean whats the point playing a defensive empire if the only way you can win is by slaughtering the other army? there should be more option on how you choose to win... by growing an amazingly powerful army... or focusing on economy and defending your economy... it really sucked how they took that element out of the game in AOE 3

I am pretty sure this must have been asked before so sorry if I am repeating something that has already been addressed... I just hope the Byzantines are well represented cause thats my team Wink
other then that, is there an update on when this may get released?

Kleftiko
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

building WONDERS! Empty Re: building WONDERS!

Post by peugeot407 Fri 1 Feb 2013 - 10:18

Welcome to the forums! The public parts of these forums are a bit quiet as of late, so I'm glad you posted here to make a suggestion.

K&B certainly hasn't been "going down" since before 2010, if anything it's gone up a lot. We're now very close to releasing our first full version, which will, I'm sure you'll know, include the Byzantines along with four other civs.

We haven't got any plans to bring wonders back, and to an extent it goes against the principle of the mod that we try to represent battles on a more realistic scale. In an AoE3 match, you are not fighting a world war, you are fighting a relatively small skirmish. You'll understand that the building of wonders isn't exactly in line with such a philosophy.

Having said that, we have been thinking of many new game types, such as Invasion, as well as some old ones which will be brought back, such as Regicide, so I think that we have a decent choice of different game types, each with their own unique victory conditions.

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

http://twitter.com/rjfaber91

Back to top Go down

Post by Kleftiko Fri 1 Feb 2013 - 12:53

Haha I did not mean going down in a bad way as in 'going bust' I meant it in slang term as in 'its happening'.

But yeah that's great to hear you are adding new games modes! I used to love regicide on aoe2! I'm interested to know about the new game modes now Smile

Have you got an estimate for the first release?

Kleftiko
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by AOE_Fan Sat 2 Feb 2013 - 7:37

Hey, welcome!

Indeed, building wonders might not be the most Medieval thing there is, but I can understand the lack of optional victory methods. Invasion brings a new twist, however it is very militaristic although defensive civs (like Byzantines) have certain advantages. We might edit the Regicide because it simply has so much potential for modifications, but not yet for Prologue.
Generally, if you do have new gamemode ideas, you can share them and we'll see what we can do.

The current goal for Prologue's release is Easter, or end of March.
AOE_Fan
AOE_Fan
K&B Leader
K&B Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down