thasdasdas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----The Unstoppable Team-----

+2
The Dude
LordXarax
6 posters

Go down

-----The Unstoppable Team----- Empty -----The Unstoppable Team-----

Post by LordXarax Sun 11 Mar 2012 - 11:06

I really don't know with what to start, first of all I want to express all my esteem and respect for all of you guys who mod the aoe3 how you wanted, by making making an team (4 at numbers (NE,WotTA,K&B,TFN (member of) ). To don't bored you guys with my type I want to go straight at my subject...
--------------------------The Unstoppable Team----------------------------------
I ask all of you to gather into an mighty team, an team to start building our own game.
From Brazil going in the East over oceans till Europe, from the coldest North from Finland(my location), down into the desert of Asia till Japan(how I saw locations of all of you members of the mods) we can build an great team.
You will say i'm crazy and I don't know what I'm posting about...but! If we gather togheter! If we trust in our self! If we don't lie! If we believe in what we will do! In our straight, that little what we have could be an mighty power, an power that non-studios have firefly-totalwar etc (knowledge I mean, not straight power ) and togheter we can make The Unstoppable Team!
--------------------------------------------Our Powers And Our Advantages------------------------------------------------------
First of all, what all of us 30-40 how many we are have and official studios don't have are:
-We are divided by the GMT from +GMT till -GMT (what mean this? you will wonder? this mean while we work in the day the others can work in the night, an opportunity that most of the biggest studios doesn't have 24/24 hours working)
-Most of the games have English as basic Menu, and another few languages like Spanish,Italian,French and German languages, while we can put from Brazilian language till Japan.
-Most of us are 22 like me (next month i'll be 23 years old,married with no kids,yet ) over with 1 or 2 years or less till 14 years old. What mean this? We are young, we have new ideas,new qualities new minds!
-We love computers and computers love us(what mean this? again you will wonder right? We put soul to create (in working) that mods, from creating an picture into the photo programs till researching an name of an soldier forgot of God, of I don't know what country you we did/working on it...just to finish our imagination and to make the mod how we want/working on it.
-How Hoop Thrower said:"we work for free?" after I ask him what's our advantages (work free, was the point, now! later we will see)
-All of us know to do something, from researching (like me ) till being an leaders like Arcalion,Peugeot,Tahattus or not the last Tilanus Commodor. That little few what we know to do, togheter we can be the most valuable team on making games on whole world!
------------------------------------Creating an team will not be easy---------------------------------------------------------
Yes creating an team will be hard, from all 4 leaders we will need to decide who will be our greatest leader to unite us all, an leader to be trustful,kind,good, and to lead us,till we will be the greatest team ever made!
Probably you will wonder how we will decide,right?Well I was thinking at all...How I saw from all 3 forums just WotTA forum have an live chat, the vote will be live and not on forum for us to vote, REMEMBER! Just if we trust in our self we can build an Unstoppable Team! We don't need to be fake,lie, or hide things from others, all the time we need to trust in our self and to be open when we are stuck or we have problems, the other team members will understand because that will make an great team.
Again I respect you 4 leaders and for what you do, and will be one leader and 3 co-leaders.
--------------------------------Making an game is not so easy--------------
Probably will take years, but read again our advantages and think how that years can transform into one single year! Behind the computer you will have lol, but togheter we can build what others couldn't! And i'm sure we can!
After this we need to decide what game to be (My opinion Real Time Strategy, or Turn Base Strategy (again lets look into the total war garden they made thousands and thousands of USD-EURO with them games, and from what? from that little Medieval total war game and Shogun)
Are many problems, again I repeat how Hoop say's (WE HAVE NO GAME ENGINE!! How do you suppose us to make a game in 1 year without it?" Well I was looking to play 0 A.D. and I read on wikipedia (I think) or dunno where they send an email to firefly studios to give them ideas (obiosly the engine).
We have 3 ways what we can do ( I told you I was thinking at everything) :
1-Is to send like them an email to one of the great company's , and them to send us them 3D Engine and some basic information about how they did, in exchange we will give them a small profit in time when we will start to sell our game.
2- Is to search for an free game engine and modify how we need/want (but I don't know how it is going with those engines because if it's free, what I was learned in my life, nothing is free, to don't be acuse by others for copyrights, we need to avoid this.
3-This is the hardest way, all of us need to contribute with =money to buy an 3D engine (and again I repeat what Hoop say's:"why don't we gather 9000USD and buy the AoE3 Engine?" This are alots of money for any of us, but again togheter as an team we can make this money on an pay pal account, the biggest problem will be who will have rights at the account? because all of us who are reading my thread will ask hmm and if he will run with the money?, well guys that we need to think better who will be the leader, and we will figure how we will do it.
-------Neah i'm not gonna be apart of this team,what should I?-------
Last 2-3 months when I discover without I want, my first aoe3 mod NE, after I was amazing what NE team did for the mod,and I post"Well Microsoft should hire all of you for what you did for the game, and for keeping the game alive"I said, If you remember? then I get the respond of Tilanus "Microsoft don't give a "shit" about us" he said, well guys some of you want to be apart of an big studio and some of you think maybe an day, one of the biggest studios members will visit you're mod and will send you an email I want to contact X from this team, what probably will never happen, and years will pass over you, you will get married like me and probably you will make an kid and remember that time, hehe when I mod that game...
And why to work for others Studios,why to be listen from other chief of I don't know wich studio when togheter we can build our own studio? all of us we can be chiefs in our studio (don't forgot we need to listen from an leader,without an leader will be revolt and the team will broke)
-------------------It is the time think! -points on all leaders- -------------------
I come with an big idea, an idea that we can be an The Most Valuable Team Ever, we are from each corner of the world,now it's the time, forget about what drama probably you had between you leaders before, unite! Unite into The Unstoppable Team!
I post on all 3 Forums, K&B,NE,WotTA, same thread just I hope you will don't be stubborn and we will start to think at what I say.My opinion is to gather in an day and to talk on mchat.php because they have the only live chat on all 3 forums.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember guys time don't wait for us, will be days when you will remember my thread and to say, damn I was...
Thanks for reading my Thread and I hope we will unite into an mighty team!

I LordXarax, with wespect for all 4 mods Knights and Barbarians, Napoleonic Era, The Fight of Nations and not the last War of the Triple Alliance.

11-March-2012 2:00 (GMT+2)
LordXarax
LordXarax
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

-----The Unstoppable Team----- Empty Re: -----The Unstoppable Team-----

Post by The Dude Sun 11 Mar 2012 - 13:22

This won't be easy, I'm an Indie developer working on an off a project for a while now, and it would be extremely difficult for me too work with another person across the ocean.

Of course my game is a shooter, in which it would be difficult to discuss the main story over IRC, but none the less, communicating will still be a bit of a pain.

The main problem is actually publishing the game when it's done. Is it going to be Free, Free to Play, Subscription based, or buy it once? Is it going to be self-published, or are you going to get a larger company to publish it for you? What about retail? Will you sell it in stores, or are you going submit it to different digital distribution companies such as Steam or Origin? Also, it's one thing to buy a license to an engine, some companies also require an additional payment if you want to publish a game with their engine.

But, still I don't exactly know what you want from us. Your asking the major AoE 3 mods to come together and develop a strategy game. That's vague. Really, really vague.
The Dude
The Dude
Administrator
Administrator

http://knightsandbarbarians.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LordXarax Sun 11 Mar 2012 - 13:34

Well I hope you will want, just look positive guys, you are making free publicity to aoe3 by keeping this game alive, whyle all of us can build our game in time united all.Don't take my advice and keep spending you're time with the mods, look at all aom mods how beuty they died one by one, in 2-3 years few peoples will play aoe3, and the mods will be forgotten.In the same time with 30-40 members knowlage can build an game,now it's the time but I can see nobody is interesting...probably you are stuborns who to be the leader, and not to see my point...
LordXarax
LordXarax
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by super7700 Sun 11 Mar 2012 - 15:27

That is a very good idea in my opinion, though of course, like any mod, it would be hard. Look at how well Wildfire Games has done with 0AD! They started off as a small modding team for AOK. The main problem is that currently all the top developers are busy working on mods and I'm not so sure if they'd be keen on suddenly stopping their mods for this. I'm not part of any of these AOE3 mods, though I do mod Rise of Nations, but I would be interested in joining if this idea gets off the ground and others are willing to work on it too.
super7700
super7700
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepp Sun 11 Mar 2012 - 16:24

Money is the problem. Time is a problem too.

Most of the intelligent, smart modder (T, T, R) are scholar. They need money for their own study and they have to spent their time for writing a super long thesis, I guess...
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

Post by danielpereira Mon 12 Mar 2012 - 2:20

dude wrote:it would be extremely difficult for me too work with another person across the ocean.
That's why there is GIT and SVN

The main problem is actually publishing the game when it's done. Is it going to be Free, Free to Play, Subscription based, or buy it once? Is it going to be self-published, or are you going to get a larger company to publish it for you? What about retail? Will you sell it in stores, or are you going submit it to different digital distribution companies such as Steam or Origin? Also, it's one thing to buy a license to an engine, some companies also require an additional payment if you want to publish a game with their engine.
I would recommend making it free and open source. So we don't need to worry about selling and adversiting. Also, about the engine, give a look on this:
http://www.moddb.com/engines/pyrogenesis
Yeah, you must be tired of seeing this link, but it solves our problem of engine...

Also, about comunicating, IRC and mailing lists solve our problems...
danielpereira
danielpereira
Member of a Major Mod
Member of a Major Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepp Mon 12 Mar 2012 - 20:29

Free? Then we will get more money lose than if we do modding...
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

Post by LordXarax Tue 13 Mar 2012 - 0:29

I saw some of you are interests on this project, and I can see you are positive in my idea, and too bad because I don't have the right knowledge to make this happen, but together we could do...never mind I don't blame leaders for not interesting, I understand them and some of them members after they put a lot of work on them mods...
If some one would have "balls" to gather an team on my idea and if you will want me as an researcher and in time an texturer, don't forgot to send me an message.
Meanwhile...
-----The Unstoppable Team----- Closed
LordXarax
LordXarax
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Tue 13 Mar 2012 - 0:36

I'm only too happy to oblige to that. Thread locked...

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

http://twitter.com/rjfaber91

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down