thasdasdas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random K&B Updates & In-Team Quotes

+5
Synecdoche
The Dude
super7700
Hoop Thrower
AOE_Fan
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Random K&B Updates & In-Team Quotes - Page 2 Empty Re: Random K&B Updates & In-Team Quotes

Post by Hoop Thrower Tue 17 Dec 2013 - 8:05

Specifically, the Baltic Crusades.
Hoop Thrower
Hoop Thrower
Modding Councillor
Modding Councillor

Back to top Go down

Random K&B Updates & In-Team Quotes - Page 2 Empty Re: Random K&B Updates & In-Team Quotes

Post by peugeot407 Tue 17 Dec 2013 - 8:11

Crusaders: Centred on the Levantine Crusades
Spanish: Centred on the Reconquista
Germans: Centred on the Baltic Crusades

We know the Reconquista wasn't strictly speaking composed of crusades, but there are so many similarities between it and the wars that did actually bear the "crusade" name that we still felt it would be a good idea to make them a Crusading civ. Also, there was a plethora of Knightly Orders in Iberia in our timeframe, so we were rather spoiled for choice when it came to the Chapter House as well...

Also, you sort-of correctly guessed our French AI personality; it's Jeanne d'Arc.

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

http://twitter.com/rjfaber91

Back to top Go down

Post by ACN45trooper Tue 17 Dec 2013 - 8:36

Thanks for your answers, especially Robert

Robert Faber wrote:Also, you sort-of correctly guessed our French AI personality; it's Jeanne d'Arc.

Oh well, I just asked if it will be in the game, but as you said, I guessed. (yay! did I receive a free cookie?)
ACN45trooper
ACN45trooper
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Tue 17 Dec 2013 - 9:07

Pepp is our resident cookie baker, you'd have to ask him. grinning

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

http://twitter.com/rjfaber91

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepp Tue 17 Dec 2013 - 23:46

Oops, those Saracens raided my town and now all my bakers died...  Parley??? 

17 December in the history:

1398 – Sultan Nasir-u Din Mehmud's armies in Delhi are defeated by Timur.

I am not too interested in today's history, to be honest, so I'll go straight to the point I will explain.

While India isn't portrayed in the mod, even as a mercenary unit, Timur's empire was stereotypically a Mongolian empire. He even envisioned the restoration of the Mongol Empire of Genghis Khan. Beside that, he also converted many Mongols to Islam.

In the mod, Mongolia will get a unique age upgrade system, which includes something stereotypically Tamerlane's, and is still very secret.
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepp Wed 18 Dec 2013 - 16:13

18 December in the history:

1271 – Kublai Khan renames his empire "Yuan" (元 yuán), officially marking the start of the Yuan Dynasty of Mongolia and China.

While China haven't be portrayed in the mod (we planned Chinese native, but because there are no silk route map done yet, they haven't existed), Mongol will surely be portrayed. Here, while Yuan will not be portrayed straightly too, they will be somewhat a part of an integral part of Mongolia. One of Mongolian unit also contain word Yuan.

Another clue for today: Kublai Khan's sacred bone.
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepp Sat 21 Dec 2013 - 1:13

20 December in the history:

1192 – Richard I of England is captured and imprisoned by Leopold V of Austria on his way home to England after signing a treaty with Saladin ending the Third Crusade.

Well, this is probably the most interesting day I've ever known. While we have no Austria in K&B, we have one guy already in the game. I don't know about the other one, better you guess it yourself.

I always liked Saladin, dunno why.
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepp Sat 21 Dec 2013 - 22:16

21st December in the history:

2012 – Mankind survived the lethal havoc of doomsday, as the Mayans predict millennia ago. Wait, eh?
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

Post by ACN45trooper Sun 22 Dec 2013 - 2:57

So......Human kind got extinct a year ago. Did you believed such a thing a year ago?
ACN45trooper
ACN45trooper
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoop Thrower Sun 22 Dec 2013 - 5:02

The thing is that the universe was destroyed... but then another one that was exactly the same as the last one was created.
Hoop Thrower
Hoop Thrower
Modding Councillor
Modding Councillor

Back to top Go down

Post by AOE_Fan Sun 12 Jan 2014 - 2:49

Announcement: Prologue Patch 2.1 should be up to download next weekend. Lots of fixes, new stuff and overall a much enjoyable K&B experience, get excited! Wink
AOE_Fan
AOE_Fan
K&B Leader
K&B Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by ACN45trooper Sun 12 Jan 2014 - 3:29

Yay!
Oh, wait, unfortunately my computer collapsed. Sad Sad 
ACN45trooper
ACN45trooper
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by AOE_Fan Sun 4 May 2014 - 3:41

Random K&B Updates & In-Team Quotes - Page 2 Special2
I wonder what those "Tools" will be...
AOE_Fan
AOE_Fan
K&B Leader
K&B Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepp Sun 4 May 2014 - 10:52

You yourself don't know it? Severe Laughter
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2