thasdasdas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday Updates

+59
saif.rafat
Sunreaver
Arsalaan
dietermoreno
Golden Dragon
Tankred
alpav
ACN45trooper
Maestrosanti
Danishviking
Spanish_AoE
CockPärs
Mandos
Even
RideRomeoTen
Vvv
HAL9000
leon the duque of birigui
Capt-M-
Hillys
Nosferatu
Alexastor
Tilanus Commodor
Persian_Fusilier
Huanglukuzhu
Heathen678
PierceBel
checanos
Lanny the Landsknetch
Augustus Black
Synecdoche
Charger24
Fegelein
misterscp
Greytarius
Huitzi
Tsar Stiven
Escodrion
CroYugo
urumi
Alex Julio
super7700
GeneralKong
shadowflame
Losinal
Yerry
chris17
AOE_Fan
Miro
spangopola
General_II
arcalion
Paco the Great
Maxulino
Harkimo
The Dude
Nero
iliander
Hoop Thrower
63 posters

Page 23 of 43 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 33 ... 43  Next

Go down

Happy Re: Friday Updates

Post by Alex Julio Sun 17 Jun 2012 - 2:43

Good textures Herr Pepp...i like the Irish..The sword is very beautiful
And K&B refute nothing this week....don't remember of DieterMoreno?..who suggested playing the work of TFN in the trash. Smile
Alex Julio
Alex Julio
Member of a Major Mod
Member of a Major Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by danielpereira Sun 17 Jun 2012 - 3:47

Nice textures Pepp!
danielpereira
danielpereira
Member of a Major Mod
Member of a Major Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoop Thrower Sun 17 Jun 2012 - 4:13

Yay! Very Happy Mali units.
I really like to see african units in game, what would it be? Sofas? Kélé-koub tigi? Farima?
Various of them? Maybe none?

I'd really like to know, truth is,they interest me more than the irish ones... Razz
Hoop Thrower
Hoop Thrower
Modding Councillor
Modding Councillor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Sun 17 Jun 2012 - 7:47

It seems that the happiest guy here is The Dude
Not anymore at least...
The Dude
The Dude
Administrator
Administrator

http://knightsandbarbarians.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Sun 17 Jun 2012 - 8:56

Look at it the positive side, you brought Russia down with you...

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

http://twitter.com/rjfaber91

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepp Sun 17 Jun 2012 - 13:09

I really like to see african units in game, what would it be? Sofas? Kélé-koub tigi? Farima?
Various of them? Maybe none?
Farimba, but I don't think so that the team (outside Matthew L.) will even like it to enter.
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

Post by Synecdoche Sun 1 Jul 2012 - 5:54

Looks great, guys! I'm not sure if I've posted at all yet, but I've been following the Friday Updates and reading the forums for about six or seven months. I'm really, really excited you're making progress quickly again, and in lieu of a Friday Update these past few weekends, I was wondering if we could get a really quick, concise progress update kind of thing. Just a few sentences about currently estimated release date of the Prologue, anything the K&B community can do to help out, and whatever hitches the collective might be able to grease for you developers. Or, you know, not, we'll love and appreciate you anyway.
Synecdoche
Synecdoche
K&B Team Member
K&B Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by AOE_Fan Sun 1 Jul 2012 - 7:29

Welcome to the forums!

Well, we have recently coded and textured the Middle Eastern buildingset and coded the Crusaders civ. Pepp has also textured almost all of our new Mercenaries! The AI is also getting done slowly, and Italian and Byzantine Homecity cards are pretty much done, same thing with Barbarians (natives) too. So, the release will definitely be this year, probably late summer or during autumn.

Note: Sorry for not having a update for a few weeks, but I hope Robert could show something, like some ME buildings...
AOE_Fan
AOE_Fan
K&B Leader
K&B Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Synecdoche Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 4:47

Friday Updates - Page 23 Header-6

A few short weeks ago, as I'm sure most of you know, we released the first ever Knights & Barbarians gameplay video. During it, you may have noticed The_Dude mentioning a new feature in the commentary, called Feudalism.Today it's our pleasure to showcase this feature, and explain the basics of how it works to you!

The Town Square and Feudalism System

The Town Square is a new building we've created (thanks to peugeot407) that takes the place of the Chapter House and the Race Track for civilizations with neither, such as the Italians and the Byzantines.

Friday Updates - Page 23 KSETownSquare

At the Town Square, there will be three "techs" representing major cities and regions from each major civilization. By choosing one of them, you align your colony with a particular region of your civ in addition to the capital, or home city. This is what we call "Feudalism".I think of it as being the region from where your lords and peasants are actually immigrating from to the new colony being established, while the home city or capital provides you with support based on your strategic and political importance (ergo, the city phase of your new town).

Italy, for example, will have these three cities to form a relationship with:

Friday Updates - Page 23 Italians-1
From left to right: Verona, Breschia, and Ravenna

Once that's completed, three techs will pop up in the Town Square menu. One of them will be available to every city in every civilization, and it will be a scaling Mercantilism-type technology, where every age a certain amount of gold may be exchanged for a greater amount of experience. The other two techs will change depending on the chosen city or region. As a sneak-peek, here are the decided technologies for the Italian city of Breschia.

~ Breschia, Lombard Stronghold
Age III - Guelphic Garrison: Motivated by fear of northern encroachment and adherence to Vatican interests, Breschia's staunch Guelph troops are willing to forgo some payment for the sake of Pope and Piazza. Lessens infantry recruitment cost.
Age IV - Colle Cidneo: Breschia's fortifications have long stood strong, well-tested, and resolute against the ambitions of Emperors and Ghibellines. Improved castles and walls.

In addition to these techs, peasants have the ability to mingle and trade when tasked on the Town Square, giving your colony a much-needed dose of culture and social life while generating XP!

These new technologies, and the ability to spark a Revolution, are our way of evening the playing field between civilizations like the Italians and the unique advantages of the Knightly Orders and Race Tracks of the crusading and muslim civs, not to mention that avenues for improved historical accuracy are a great reason for excitement and motivation here at K&B.

Friday Updates - Page 23 SubheaderQuote

Today's quote comes from the head of our balancing department, iliander.
iliander wrote:This of course stays bad against ranged units because of the slow speed. So you would want to use this formation against an incoming army of solely melee units (preferably a smaller amount than the amount of your mystery units, which will mostly be the case with expensive cavalry units such as Knights). Very Happy
Can you guess what the new combat formation we're so excited about is?

Friday Updates - Page 23 SubheaderSalute-Refute

K&B salutes... The K&B team. They've been very welcoming and helpful while bringing the new team member (Synecdoche, the author of this Update) up to speed.
K&B refutes... The heat of midsummer, which seems to be fraying some of our nerves here at K&B. If any of you know how to do a good rain dance, we'd appreciate it.
Synecdoche
Synecdoche
K&B Team Member
K&B Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by super7700 Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 7:39

This looks awesome. The Feudalism system and town square are great ideas. And is that a new model for the town square? I just think the town square texture could do with a bit of improvement, as some parts (like the statues and columns) are a little plain.

K&B refutes... The heat of midsummer, which seems to be fraying some of our nerves here at K&B. If any of you know how to do a good rain dance, we'd appreciate it.
Good thing I live in the Southern Hemisphere then!
super7700
super7700
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by misterscp Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 7:58

ehm its not the ingame view Razz. Ingame it looks better. It also has a player color/civ flag in the middle
misterscp
misterscp
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 8:22

What model it is indeed? grinning

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoop Thrower Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 11:16

I know a rain dance, but it requires a firepit and a machi or two, so I believe you'll not be interested... Razz
Hoop Thrower
Hoop Thrower
Modding Councillor
Modding Councillor

Back to top Go down

Post by AOE_Fan Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 9:56

Not really, as almost the whole week is rainy here in Finland. I'm worried if I ever get to eat strawberries this year... grinning
AOE_Fan
AOE_Fan
K&B Leader
K&B Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Fegelein Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 20:33

You think you've got it bad Matti. -.-
Let's just say up in Milton Keynes for the British Grand Prix, they've had about a month's rain in 24 hours, and qualifying was suspended as the rain was so bad. We've had similar weather in the south-east. What you have in Finland is nothing.
GO GBR! Robert
Fegelein
Fegelein
K&B Team Member
K&B Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 22:22

We've now got a touch of Silverstonic rain in the Netherlands as well... "Torrential" does apply.

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Losinal Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 22:32

Funny, you guys get rain, and there’s a heat wave in Central Canada.
Losinal
Losinal
Hobilar
Hobilar

http://www.xfire.com/profile/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon 9 Jul 2012 - 5:01

It seems like there's a heat wave in all of North America...
The Dude
The Dude
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nero Mon 9 Jul 2012 - 23:17

And then we have Melbourne having unseasonably cold nights (despite it being the middle of winter).
Hey guys, sorry for my massive leave of absence, school, family and good old social life distracted me Blah Blah Blah Blah. not the point, but I will be more active on the forum from now on. I have just recently gone over the new releases and watched the gameplay video (very promising by the way), The Dude, good commenting by the way.

EDIT: I think I should properly say a bit more to make up for lost time. I am really blown away by the work that has gone on here. Amazing textures (Pepp can texture?!!), the ideas are very innovative and more and more I am seeing a greater focus on the little things and gimmicks that make the civs unique and fun. I have to say, it's good to be back, I've missed you guys.
Nero
Nero
Kataphraktos
Kataphraktos

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Tue 10 Jul 2012 - 5:36

Welcome back you crazed Emperor! grinning
The Dude
The Dude
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nero Tue 10 Jul 2012 - 15:21

Thanks, as I said before, but I still feel the need to say it: Great to be back, I really have missed you guys
Nero
Nero
Kataphraktos
Kataphraktos

Back to top Go down

Post by Augustus Black Thu 12 Jul 2012 - 2:29

I took a look at all your Friday Updates and must say you have done great work! KnB should really be the best total conversion mod. The Team is doing great work! cant wait for it!
Augustus Black
Augustus Black
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Thu 12 Jul 2012 - 2:45

Well, that's not very difficult, as K&B is currently the only total conversion mod that's still alive.

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Augustus Black Thu 12 Jul 2012 - 2:52

Nevertheless, you and your team really deserve it. It actually deserves to be the number 1 total conversion. I am going to but your website on my related links page. Anything against that?

Regards,
Augustus Black
Augustus Black
Augustus Black
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Thu 12 Jul 2012 - 3:14

No problems with it what so ever, feel free to do so. grinning
The Dude
The Dude