thasdasdas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feedback, possible one bug report and a suggestion

3 posters

Go down

Feedback, possible one bug report and a suggestion Empty Feedback, possible one bug report and a suggestion

Post by Viktor Ferguson Thu 29 Jan 2015 - 6:18

Good day to all.
I'm Viktor Ferguson and I would like to report here my extremely positive feedback to your great work, and, if possible, to leave a little suggestion, if this thing that I'm going to suggest has not been already inserted in the newest version of the mod.
First of all, my test has been done on two PCs, using your mod installed with the Prologue 1.0 full version plus the ProloguePatch2.1.2.
Unfortunately the installer doesn't work as said in the Mod.DB K&B mod section so I had to install manually.
The first thing I have noticed is that there are two version of the same civilization, and there are only Venetians, Byzantins, Turks, Arabs and Crusaders (these ones without the king icon). So, because I have heard about Mongolians, Germans and other cultures featured, I would to ask if it is possible that my mod version doesn't work properly.
About the feedback I want to say you that in my view the "Knights and Barbarians" mod is a very great way to play the old Age Of Empires III, that is because this mod is not focused on firearms, and in my opinion these are the most unrealistic things in the vanilla game.
About the suggestion I can post here a way to allow building rotation (that is because in my version is not featured, I don't know if it is only a my issue).
To allow building rotation simply add:
map ("mousez", "building", "uiWheelRotatePlacedUnit
under the "Building placement Mode" section of the .CON files called "game", "gamex" and "gamey" located in the Age of Empires III\Startup folder.
Again thanks for that fantastic mod and good luck for your future plans.
Regards.

Last edited by Viktor Ferguson on Fri 30 Jan 2015 - 4:09; edited 1 time in total

Viktor Ferguson
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Feedback, possible one bug report and a suggestion Empty Re: Feedback, possible one bug report and a suggestion

Post by Pepp Thu 29 Jan 2015 - 22:49

Hello there, I am the one who is responsible with texturing. So...
1. Mongolians and Germans textures have been done, mostly, but not with their code. Not even we have coded them...
2. Building rotation might be a dlc, or something else, but in fact we ditch the idea of having building rotation in our mod.

And thanks for your reply, our coder might response soon.

Pepp
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

Feedback, possible one bug report and a suggestion Empty Re: Feedback, possible one bug report and a suggestion

Post by Viktor Ferguson Fri 30 Jan 2015 - 4:18

Many thanks, Pepp; mostly for the quick response.
And now I know that my version seem works properly.
Again, I would say I appreciate very much your mod, I'll keep to testing it and I'll read on this forum about other bug reports in order to post other bug reports.
Regards.

Viktor Ferguson
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Sat 31 Jan 2015 - 1:09

The thing with K&B is that rather than releasing it all at once, it's been our idea to release it in three stages. The Prologue, which is currently available, only features the Italians, Byzantines, Turks, Crusaders and Saracens. The Quintessence, which we're currently working on, will contain the other nine civilisations that are currently confirmed, and the final Reprise will add any content we still feel needs to be added after the Quintessence. Maybe there will be a release after the Reprise (though we'd have to think of a name starting with S for that), but we're still far away from having to make that decision, so for now this partition into three subsequent releases is the way K&B is and will be made.

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

http://twitter.com/rjfaber91

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down