thasdasdas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Age of Empires III: Modern Asia

+11
HAL9000
Pepp
Capt-M-
Synecdoche
Hillys
Radwulf
dietermoreno
Persian_Fusilier
peugeot407
Huanglukuzhu
Hoop Thrower
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Age of Empires III: Modern Asia - Page 2 Empty Re: Age of Empires III: Modern Asia

Post by sicunder Sat 1 Jun 2013 - 4:53

what is the time line then?

sicunder
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Age of Empires III: Modern Asia - Page 2 Empty Re: Age of Empires III: Modern Asia

Post by Pepp Sat 1 Jun 2013 - 4:54

I dunno about AOE III Modern Asia idea, but K&B took place around 1000's to 1500's. It means, Middle Age.
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

Post by sicunder Sat 1 Jun 2013 - 5:15

i dont mean to be antagonizing but-
"The Portuguese arrived in the Malacca Sultanate (modern-day Malaysia) in 1509 seeking access to its wealth. Although initially well-received, the capture of Goa as well as other Muslim-Christian conflicts convinced the Malaccan Muslims that the Portuguese Christians would be a hostile presence."
- wkipedia
though i cant say it's the ultimate autority on history- anyone can edit that- but still 1509 looks pretty accurate to me.

rest of my post was for the hoopthrower 's modern asia idea. the tribes and all. but even at the time of crusades persia was an empire and no khan sat on its throne it was an irani shah who even aided the cause of muslim claim on jerusalem. i still dont see how it could be hjust reduced to a minor tribe in any era of human history after cyrus

to hoopthrower,

dont be shy brother, you can always bounce some ideas off my head i am extremely eager to contribute to this- and i am not sensitive about history- i dont take sides when it comes to history- that's the job for servant bards and prime minister's media liason- not of a true student of history and science..

sicunder
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Sat 1 Jun 2013 - 6:05

Persia in the Middle Ages was just a plaything of first the Caliphates, then the Ilkhanate, and it wasn't until the Safavids that some of the former prestige was returned to Persia.

Either way, Barbarians are not meant to represent "minor tribes", as you suggest, but rather "Empires of Old", whose political prominence has come to an end, but whose legacy and traditions live on among the people they once ruled. The Franks, Goths, Berbers and Persians are hardly minor tribes, but that's not what we're saying. In fact, we're saying the exact opposite; that they were important enough to still influence kingdoms and empires that sprung up long after their heyday...

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

http://twitter.com/rjfaber91

Back to top Go down

Post by HAL9000 Sat 1 Jun 2013 - 6:54

Well said, O fearless leader.
HAL9000
HAL9000
Voulgier
Voulgier

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepp Sat 1 Jun 2013 - 16:10

though i cant say it's the ultimate autority on history- anyone can edit that- but still 1509 looks pretty accurate to me.

But the rest gameplay took time around 1000-1500's. In that timeline, in Indonesia there are no Muslim state at all (Demak only sprung after 1500's and Perlak around 1400's, but Perlak is not important at all in the meaning of gameplay wise). In that timeline, there are two big thallasocratic empires, the Sriwijaya and Majapahit.

Still, including them would be awkward, as none of them could fight each other (AI problem) and it would be more awkward to see them fight against other K&B civ except Mongol (which is still acceptable, regarding the Mongol invasion to Java).

Sriwijaya might be strong in naval and trade, but that would be other civ's bonus in K&B. Majapahit? It is just an Indonesian version of Aztec empire, a tributary empire. Still, Majapahit is more interesting to be added, it has a clearly historical UU, the Bhayangkara.

However, Sriwijaya faded and at least turned into Pagaruyung Kingdom around 1300's (invasion of Chola). Majapahit only exist after the Mongol Invasion to Java.

Pepp
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

Post by leon the duque of birigui Sun 2 Jun 2013 - 0:15

Pepp wrote:

Still, including them would be awkward, as none of them could fight each other (AI problem) and it would be more awkward to see them fight against other K&B civ except Mongol .

Pepp
this not mind its a game. java would be nice take the astecs as example the only civ what make sense fighting the aztecs is the spanish but evrybody love astec, so this not is a limitation

leon the duque of birigui
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepp Sun 2 Jun 2013 - 18:10

this not mind its a game. java would be nice take the astecs as example the only civ what make sense fighting the aztecs is the spanish but evrybody love astec, so this not is a limitation
Java, or anything from Indonesia, won't enter K&B. This is final, no more question.
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunreaver Tue 5 May 2015 - 2:27

sicunder wrote:i dont mean to be antagonizing but-
"The Portuguese arrived in the Malacca Sultanate (modern-day Malaysia) in 1509 seeking access to its wealth. Although initially well-received, the capture of Goa as well as other Muslim-Christian conflicts convinced the Malaccan Muslims that the Portuguese Christians would be a hostile presence."

But the portugeuse is cruelly kill by the Ming Empire for a long time causing fear to the portugeuse but they became tardings partners back.
Also what are talking about Hoop Thrower is the info for War of Liberty or K&B or another mod
Manchus are savages when they raided china they order every chinese artillery inventors to be executed becasue they fear chinese rebellion. Changing artillery use of han chinese to use of archaic weapons of Manchus.
Later then the stupids manchu began to buy canons from europeon countries intead of producing them.
Causing China to fall in corruption and isolationism.
Also the asian dynasty china is based on Early Qing[late Jin] instead of Ming and the damm history files wrote that they were Ming Units same goes for campaign.
Sunreaver
Sunreaver
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2