thasdasdas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Age of Empires III: The people of the sand

+3
Pepp
Vvv
Maestrosanti
7 posters

Go down

Age of Empires III: The people of the sand Empty Age of Empires III: The people of the sand

Post by Maestrosanti Fri 26 Jul 2013 - 10:25

Hello everyone! I´ve been thinking on this for months. I have been planing a mod about the middle east, I´m still in conceptual stage. I would like to show it to you and see your opinions or suggestions. So here it is...

Age of Empires III: The people of the sand

Basically a new culture is added: The middle easterns. They are really linked to religion. That is made obvious by their age-up system. The advancement itself is free, but thy need to research some religious techs to unlock it first. Those techs variate a lot depending in the religion the civ has. The cost of all teachs aviable at that age together is the same as the advancement cost for the other civs. Apart from that, they choose religious characters as politicans.

New civs

I must tell you that I am still developing ideas. This mod would add four or three civs (the fourth one is the persian, I just don´t get ideas) and transform the ottomans in a middle eastern civ. So here we go...

Armenians (in the mod, the guerrilla civ)

Bonuses: When villigers die, a fedayeen appears in his place (after reaching age 2). Can create infantry from farms. Infantry moves a bit faster. They can call militia from houses too.
UUs: Fedayeen (I need to research more on armenian UUs)

Hebrews (the civ more linked to religion):

Bonuses: They can´t hunt or grather from berries, because of their kosher diet. Anyways they start with a kibutz
a special farm limited to 15 gratherers and can recive HC shipments. Fishing boats are spawned free (but slowlier) from docks. They can call their people to "aliyahs" special tech which bring some military units to ther town centre an kibutz.
UUs: Yhishuv, Kiryot, Kfir (the two last names were chosen randomly, but they do represent some units)

Arabians:

Bonuses: not idea yet
UUs: Ikwan, Bedouin, Ruwallah.

Ottomans: Their bonuses will stay the same, with necessary modifications to convert them into a middle eastern civ.

Thanks for reading and please give me your opinions.
That´s all folks!

Last edited by Maestrosanti on Sun 28 Jul 2013 - 7:08; edited 2 times in total
Maestrosanti
Maestrosanti
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Age of Empires III: The people of the sand Empty Re: Age of Empires III: The people of the sand

Post by Vvv Fri 26 Jul 2013 - 14:08

I was thinking about those 8 civs:

The Byzantine Empire
Seljuk Sultanate of Rûm
Ayyubid Sultanate
Crusader States
Abbasid Caliphate
The Kingdom of Cilicia (New Armenia)
The Kingdom of Georgia
Khwarezm Empire

I choosed those civs because they were very important at this region and I am trying to make them historicaly accurate as arabs, hebrews and persians were not very historical accurate.

Here we go to natives:
Omam
Makuria
Hashashin
Solanki
Danishmends
Hebrews

The game must be between 1100-1300 and I think the Armenian bonus about suicide don't fits well, as they were christians, if you are trying to make something in a later age, please, recreate the civs, they doesn't fit well with later stages of the world.
I will try to come with more information after.
Vvv
Vvv
Voulgier
Voulgier

Back to top Go down

Age of Empires III: The people of the sand Empty Re: Age of Empires III: The people of the sand

Post by Pepp Fri 26 Jul 2013 - 19:31

The Byzantine Empire
Seljuk Sultanate of Rûm
Ayyubid Sultanate
Crusader States
Abbasid Caliphate
I smell Age of Crusader there.

Beside, it will be an anachronistic thing to include both Hebrew and Ottoman, they ain't exist at the same time.
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Fri 26 Jul 2013 - 20:01

Well, not quite. There may not have been a Hebrew nation at the time, but there most definitely were organised groups of Jews living in the Holy Land...

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

http://twitter.com/rjfaber91

Back to top Go down

Post by leon the duque of birigui Sat 27 Jul 2013 - 0:14

so very cool ideas maestrosanti,butt as the armenians exploding themselves not is historicaly acurate i sugest that their infantry units  could plant bomb barrels instead, the bomb barrel could be a petard like unit butt is imobille and sthealth and will detonate when you want,  and the cost will be high for balance reasons

leon the duque of birigui
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by Maestrosanti Sat 27 Jul 2013 - 4:10

So, no suiciding infantry. What about the other ideas?
@Vvv: the timeline is 1500-1900 aprox
@leon: now i think it‘s better to remove all kind of explodin bonus to armenians

Last edited by Maestrosanti on Sat 27 Jul 2013 - 11:22; edited 1 time in total
Maestrosanti
Maestrosanti
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by Vvv Sat 27 Jul 2013 - 5:04

Well at this time most arabian nations were under ottoman control, so I sugest that Arabia turn into Mamluk Sultanate (Egypt), and Armenia was not a major civ at this timeline, they were under control of other nations
Vvv
Vvv
Voulgier
Voulgier

Back to top Go down

Post by Maestrosanti Sat 27 Jul 2013 - 11:15

Well, the armenians would be the gerrilla civ exactly for that reason.
@everybody: I would like to read your opinions about the other armenian bonuses, the idea of transforming ottomans into middle easterns, the hebrews and the age-up system, please.
Maestrosanti
Maestrosanti
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by Maestrosanti Sun 28 Jul 2013 - 4:02

Any other opinions?
Maestrosanti
Maestrosanti
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoop Thrower Sun 28 Jul 2013 - 7:31

Given the timeframe you've given and the civilizations you've chosen, this mod is basically unworkable...
Hoop Thrower
Hoop Thrower
Modding Councillor
Modding Councillor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepp Sun 28 Jul 2013 - 13:48

The timeline is "exactly" WoL's... The culture is not really unique too.
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

Post by dietermoreno Tue 6 Aug 2013 - 9:40

Haha, I've made my minutemen commit suicide everytime they run out of hp and this is with baptist church selected.Very Happy 

but then I stopped doing that because that wouldn't be historically accurate and I just let them take up pop spaces.
[sarcasm]Wink 
dietermoreno
dietermoreno
Enemy of the Realm
Enemy of the Realm

https://www.youtube.com/dietermoreno

Back to top Go down

Post by Maestrosanti Sun 13 Oct 2013 - 7:51

So... a new timeline (1300-1600 maybe Question) and new age-up system.
Maestrosanti
Maestrosanti
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by Maestrosanti Sun 13 Oct 2013 - 9:27

I have decided it. The new timeline is 1400-1800. Regarding to the civs:
Hebrews
Afghans
Persians
Mamluks
Ottomans
Morocco
What do you think?
Maestrosanti
Maestrosanti
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Sun 13 Oct 2013 - 22:30

If you would choose those civs, the Ottomans and Persians are really the only ones that still make any sense in the last two centuries of your timeline...

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Maestrosanti Thu 24 Oct 2013 - 10:22

So which civs would fit that timeline?
Maestrosanti
Maestrosanti
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by Vvv Fri 25 Oct 2013 - 6:09

Best civs:

1. Ottoman Empire
2. Mughal Empire
3. Safavid Empire
4. Maratha Confederacy

Other civs who haven't a good timeline position:

1. Mameluke Sultanate
2. Kingdom of Georgia
3. Durrani Empire
Vvv
Vvv
Voulgier
Voulgier

Back to top Go down

Post by Maestrosanti Sat 26 Oct 2013 - 10:07

The Maratha Confederacy, the Mughal Empire and the Durrani Empire are a bit far from the Middle East, I think.
Maestrosanti
Maestrosanti
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by Vvv Sun 27 Oct 2013 - 2:14

Well, the Maratha Confederacy is a bit far, but the Durrani Empire represent the Afghans and the Mughal Empire had many possessions around Afghanistan and Pakistan (they are also muslims). The number of civs could be too small if you don't use nations around Central Asia.
Vvv
Vvv
Voulgier
Voulgier

Back to top Go down

Post by Maestrosanti Sun 27 Oct 2013 - 6:14

So I could go for:
Oman
Persia
Afghans (Maybe)
Georgia (Maybe)
Hebrews
Mamelukes
What do you think?
Maestrosanti
Maestrosanti
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Sun 27 Oct 2013 - 9:22

If you look at the civs that will be in WotTA Delta, plus the ones Golden Dragon, Christos and myself are trying to push through, there's the Indians (for the Mughal Empire), Afghans, Persians, Uzbeks, Ottomans, Arabians and Egyptians. To me, that seems like the most complete list of civs anybody could ever make of the region without falling to repetitive dullness.

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down