thasdasdas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modding Problems - Questions & Answers

4 posters

Go down

Modding Problems - Questions & Answers Empty Modding Problems - Questions & Answers

Post by iliander Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 2:36

I've got a small modding problem, but I don't want to create a new topic just for that, so I made this topic, where you can ask questions about modding if you think that creating a new topic solely for your modding problem is not necessary.

So, my problem:

I wanted the Miner to build Plantations, Saloons and Outposts. It all went perfectly fine, but then I wanted the Miner to be usable in-game, so I added this:

Code:
<Train row ='0' page ='0' column ='4'>Miner</Train>

... To the protoy.xml. When I tested it in Skirmish, I wasn't able to train them!!! Sad

I then searched in the Civs.xml if I could add the Miner to a certain civ, but I didn't saw a place to put something like that, the only things I encountered were flags, flag buttons, home cities, starting crates/units, units which regenerate hitpoints and some other stuff...

Can someone tell me how to let the European Town Centers train Miners?

PS: I edited the Miner in the protoy.xml so it costs 300 food, before it had no cost, so that should be no problem anymore.
iliander
iliander
Custom rank: Lord Enki

Back to top Go down

Modding Problems - Questions & Answers Empty Re: Modding Problems - Questions & Answers

Post by The Dude Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 3:48

Simple, you didn't add it to the techtreey. You need to add it to the techtreey for the civ (each civ has a place in the tehctreey to enable units and buildings, I.E. Age0Spanish. (I think that's what they're called, I'm not on my computer with AoE 3 right now.)
The Dude
The Dude
Administrator
Administrator

http://knightsandbarbarians.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Modding Problems - Questions & Answers Empty Re: Modding Problems - Questions & Answers

Post by iliander Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 4:22

Thanks! It works!

All European Town Centers can train Miners now, they cost 300 food, 2 pop, are worth 30 XP ad gather coin twice as fast as Settlers, but they have a build limit of 25, and can only be trained in Age III. They can build Outposts, Saloons and Plantations! grinning

Now I will try to add the Dingy to the Dock! Very Happy
iliander
iliander

Back to top Go down

Post by iliander Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 7:59

I added the feature to my AoEIII TAD that units can garrison in War Wagons (up to 10), but the problem is that also War Wagons can garrison in other War Wagons... Doe someone know how to disable the ability of War Wagons to garrison in other War Wagons?

Thanks.
iliander
iliander

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 8:56

You should go to the War Wagon protounit, and look at the bottom section. Now there's two things you can do:

1. You can remove the "LogicalTypeGarrisonInShips" property. This will mean it can no longer garrison other units, but it also means it can no longer garrison ships.
2. You must replace the 'contain' section with this:

Code:
<Contain>AbstractInfantry</Contain>
<Contain>AbstractVillagers</Contain>
<Contain>AbstractArtillery</Contain>
<Contain>Explorer</Contain>
<Contain>AbstractHandCavalry</Contain>

This way you more precisely tell the game which types of units can garrison inside the War Wagon. In this case that's all infantry, all villagers, the Explorer and all hand cavalry. This should work for the Germans. If you want it to work for all civs you'll also need to add Warchiefs and Monks, and all other ranged cavalry units separately.

I hope this works, I haven't tested it, but it should do the job. Might it not work, just post again.

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

http://twitter.com/rjfaber91

Back to top Go down

Post by iliander Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 20:56

Thanks! It works!

But I found a solution to not have to add all cavalry (instead the War Wagon) one by one... I let them only garrison Infantry and Villagers (which is more logic)... :lol:
iliander
iliander

Back to top Go down

Post by iliander Sat 13 Aug 2011 - 23:58

Since my Priests can now train Pilgrims, which can then build Mining Camps, which then again can train Miners... I need to make them untrainable when reaching the revolution age...

Does somebody know how to do it? Because I looked in the techtreey.xml, and the 'XPRevolution' tech did not have any effects...
iliander
iliander

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Sun 14 Aug 2011 - 0:59

That doesn't mean you can't add any effects...

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by iliander Sun 14 Aug 2011 - 1:06

Oh... But how should that effect be called? Question
iliander
iliander

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Sun 14 Aug 2011 - 1:27

Code:
         <Effect type="Data" amount="0.00" subtype="Enable" relativity="Absolute">
            <Target type="ProtoUnit">Miner</Target>
         </Effect>

I've just assumed you wanted to disable Miners, but you can make it whatever you want, as long as you put the correct protoname in. And if you also want to transform the existing miners into Colonial Militia:

Code:

<Effect type="TransformUnit" toprotoid="xpColonialMilitia" fromprotoid="Miner"/>

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by iliander Sun 14 Aug 2011 - 5:03

I added them (and changed " to ' and added some spaces Razz) but when I tried to play a skirmish, I received an AI error, and I was able to train Sentries and Irregulars form my Town Center infinity times... And I was Russia!!!

I then deleted it, and it worked fine again... Neutral :lol:
iliander
iliander

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Sun 14 Aug 2011 - 5:18

Mmm, that's odd...

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by iliander Wed 23 Nov 2011 - 4:46

I'm eager to change my TAD a little bit.

For example:

- Decrease House cost to 50 wood.
- Decrease House pop to 5.
- Increase House build limit to 40.
- Decrease House train points by half.

- Decrease Manor cost to 100 wood.
- Decrease Manor pop to 5.
- Increase Manor build limit to 40.

- Change Bank cost into 700 wood (instead of 350 wood and 350 food)

- Allow infantry to garrison inside War Wagons (up to 10)

- Redesign the Russian choice of infantry

- Remove Mercenaries from the Saloon

- Change the Fusilier into the Commander (trains all infantry and cavalry)

- Add the Command Post (trains Mercenaries, Flag Bearers, Drummers and Commanders)

But I have a question, I would like to give the Russians the Tzar Cannon instead of the Heavy Cannon from their Factory... is there any way to do this, or is it really hardcoded?
iliander
iliander

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Wed 23 Nov 2011 - 6:38

But I have a question, I would like to give the Russians the Tzar Cannon instead of the Heavy Cannon from their Factory... is there any way to do this, or is it really hardcoded?
The czar cannon is only an HC model, it wouldn't have animations.

Ili why not try the improvement mod? I don't even play nilla anymore, just Improvement. (That is, if I want to play anything not a total conversion) It improves gameplay, and I think you'd like it.
The Dude
The Dude
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by iliander Wed 23 Nov 2011 - 6:47

The czar cannon is only an HC model, it wouldn't have animations.
That's not what I meant. I would take the Lil Bombard (or SPC Great Cannon) and simply name it "Tzar Cannon" (also adjusting the stats). Wink So I wanted to know if you can change the auto-spawning Factory artillery for a certain civ. :lol:

Ili why not try the improvement mod? I don't even play nilla anymore, just Improvement. (That is, if I want to play anything not a total conversion) It improves gameplay, and I think you'd like it.
I don't really like what it does... especially since it adds a (crappy?) US civ... and I like changing stuff myself. :lol: Razz
iliander
iliander

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Wed 23 Nov 2011 - 9:28

So I wanted to know if you can change the auto-spawning Factory artillery for a certain civ.
Of course. The British have it with their rockets.

I don't really like what it does... especially since it adds a (crappy?) US civ... and I like changing stuff myself.
The US civ doesn't have an AI, so you don't have to use it. (It's pretty good actually) Also the AI is vastly improved and more challenging. (That was the part I thought you'd like)
The Dude
The Dude
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by iliander Wed 23 Nov 2011 - 19:46

Of course. The British have it with their rockets.
Excellent! grinning

Also the AI is vastly improved and more challenging. (That was the part I thought you'd like)
Well... I can also just install Draugar AI... Razz Razz
iliander
iliander

Back to top Go down

Post by iliander Fri 25 Nov 2011 - 1:03

Is there a possibility to make dead bodies last longer? I want to make it about 5 or 10 minutes, and if possible, the dead bodies would turn into graves (which stay forever).

It's probably very simple to do this, but I can't find where. Someone knows how?

Thanks in advance. Knight
iliander
iliander

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Fri 25 Nov 2011 - 1:27

I've never edited it, but it's got something to do with the DeadReplacement tag in the protounit.

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Modding Problems - Questions & Answers Empty Anim File Help Thread

Post by dietermoreno Mon 5 Aug 2013 - 19:37

Out of all the things to go wrong, when the new texture isn't appearing and it defaults back to the TWC texture, I know I'm doing something really dumb.  This is in scenario editor so replace texture bug isn't possible.  When I say defaults back, I mean when I spawn the unit in the scenario editor it shows the TWC texture instead of the correct texture.

Interestingly enough I got it to draw its pistol and put its carbine on its back when its riding hard and then hollister its pistol and pick up its carbine when it rides slower or is at idle or is ranged attacking.  Of course the pistol is not oriented correctly for being hollistered and neither is the carbine for being strapped on the rider back.  This could be fixed in 3Ds Max once I learn how to do it.

What is the likely idiotic cause of the texture not appearing even though I can hollister weapons and shit like that?

For more information, the .ddt file looks strange, because it is only 43kb compared to the 128x128 ddts are 65kb but my ddt was 256x256 when I converted from .tga to .ddt!

I retextured the spc_custer rider if that makes a difference, if 256x256 textures are hardcoded to certain units.
dietermoreno
dietermoreno
Enemy of the Realm
Enemy of the Realm

https://www.youtube.com/dietermoreno

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Mon 5 Aug 2013 - 22:01

It's "holster"... Rolling Eyes 

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by dietermoreno Tue 6 Aug 2013 - 3:30

peugeot407 wrote:It's "holster"... Rolling Eyes 

peugeot407

Why do you think the texture is not showing?
dietermoreno
dietermoreno
Enemy of the Realm
Enemy of the Realm

Back to top Go down

Post by dietermoreno Tue 6 Aug 2013 - 6:06

Okay, I've found that it appears to be hardcoded to retexture the Custer model.

When I switched the model in the anim file for mountedrifle from spc_custer_rider to outlaw_rider and used the modified Custer texture it worked, but the face texture was on backwards.

Well that is easy to fix. All I have to do is copy and paste the face texture that is currently on the right and move it to the left and copy and paste the hair texture that is currently on the left and move it to the right.
dietermoreno
dietermoreno
Enemy of the Realm
Enemy of the Realm

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Tue 6 Aug 2013 - 8:48

Added a warning for double posting when absolutely not necessary.

peugeot407, administrator
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by dietermoreno Tue 6 Aug 2013 - 9:34

peugeot407 wrote:Added a warning for double posting when absolutely not necessary.

peugeot407, administrator

Sorry, I'll press the edit button next time instead of bumping threads if bumping threads is against forum rules here.
dietermoreno
dietermoreno
Enemy of the Realm
Enemy of the Realm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down