thasdasdas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions (RMs)

+11
peugeot407
arcalion
spangopola
iliander
super7700
Pepp
AOE_Fan
Maxulino
Nero
Antunes
The Dude
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Suggestions (RMs) Empty Suggestions (RMs)

Post by The Dude Sat 6 Nov 2010 - 8:39

Hey, I would love to here what the fans would like to see in a KnB RMS. Post your suggestion below, and please follow the layout I have given you.

Title (Self-Explanatory)
Detailed Description (Tell me about it)
Description on the geography (Tell me how it looks like. If the place is real a picture would be much appreciated)
Anything Cool? (Bonuses, features, etc.)
Anything Else (Extra info)

Thanks,
Dude

Last edited by The Dude on Sat 11 Jun 2011 - 12:42; edited 1 time in total
The Dude
The Dude
Administrator
Administrator

http://knightsandbarbarians.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Suggestions (RMs) Empty Re: Suggestions (RMs)

Post by Antunes Mon 8 Nov 2010 - 6:24

That old Danubian Delta idea, how is it?

Antunes
Voulgier
Voulgier

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon 8 Nov 2010 - 7:04

I don't know, this isn't TFN any more...
The Dude
The Dude
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nero Mon 17 Jan 2011 - 16:00

Note: dead forum :lol:

How about:
Title: Romania
Detailed Description: A snowy forest map with lots of animals and 2 windy trade routes going along the side (vertical) and middle (horizontal).
Geography: differing amounts of elevation with highish point in the center and low points at either side of the high point.
Anything cool: three native settlements (one in the center and one at each end of the map) and not so many treasures scattered around the map.

Note: go to google maps and go a bit south of the middle of Romania and use the satellite image to understand the area a bit.
Nero
Nero
Kataphraktos
Kataphraktos

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon 17 Jan 2011 - 16:20

I did a Transylvanian map for TFN a few months ago, so I know the geography. I think it'll be in Chapter I. Very Happy
The Dude
The Dude
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nero Mon 17 Jan 2011 - 16:21

Ok thanks, I will try to think of others
Nero
Nero
Kataphraktos
Kataphraktos

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxulino Thu 10 Feb 2011 - 8:50

what about a king of the hill type map but it would be called king of the fortress with any great batle geography
Maxulino
Maxulino
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Thu 10 Feb 2011 - 10:20

King of the Hill still works as a name. I do have some ideas for some in Europe, but not in the Middle East.
The Dude
The Dude
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by AOE_Fan Thu 2 Feb 2012 - 0:52

As this thread is dead, should I think you have nothing you'd like to see in K&B's RMs? Remember, this mod is made for you, so just tell if you have ideas, even if they are silly. Smile

Anyway, I'd like some opinions of these:

1. Day-night cycle. Would you like to see it in all/some/none K&B maps?
2. Weather effects: rain, snow, blizzard, storm, etc. Each of these could appear in 1-2 maps, I'm sure they make things more interesting. We could also add some "real" effects caused by these, a blizzard slows all units, a lightning appears randomly and damages everything near it.
3. New game types. Capturing some areas in map lead you to victory? You need to succesfully bring your special unit to your enemies' area to win? Just say what would you like, we will think about it.
4. More fun elements. Capturable buildings on map? A random army attacking the worst player?
5. Something completely different. Scenario typeish RM? Cinematic RM?
AOE_Fan
AOE_Fan
K&B Leader
K&B Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepp Thu 2 Feb 2012 - 1:00

Spoiler:

You're a team member, Pepp... Please remember that.

peugeot407, administrator
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

Post by super7700 Fri 3 Feb 2012 - 20:18

I really like the idea of a day and knight cycle, makes it feel more realistic. Other weather effects would be really cool also, but just as long as they aren't completely continuous eg. it doesn't rain the whole time, and aren't too damaging. Larger storms that damage buildings and slow down unit movement (the wind) would also be interesting.

With your idea of capturing areas of the map, would there be a way to implement territory? Buildings outside your territory could slowly lose health, and perhaps enemies can capture buildings if they have enough troops nearby. Town centers, castles and trading posts would create a territory bubble (or whatever you wish to call it) around them which you can use to place your buildings in. This would add some accuracy, because realistically you wouldn't go and completely destroy all the enemy buildings - you'd capture them and use them for your own nation.

A tower defense (or attack) type scenario would be fun! And perhaps it could be based on famous castles or towers (like the galata tower and Krak des Chevaliers).

And for something completely different - Antarctica! :lol:

I'll add any other interesting things I can think of.
super7700
super7700
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepp Fri 3 Feb 2012 - 20:28

Some notes:
1. We reject any stupid idea, even if it can happen or was happen or supposed to be happened, alike blood red nile or divided Reed Sea or tsunami (this one is just as it doesn't happen in Europe).
2. Effect in the map (snow breeze, heavy wind, thunder, blizzard) will not damage structure and unit. As not everybody will like it, especially the turtling people.
3. There will be no territory thing, it isn't possible (correct me if I'm not right, egh wrong). Beside that, this idea seems come from 0 A.D. (has the ninth alpha out?).
4. All map will be based on history, in fact, and on geography. On history: It will be really medieval, or feel medieval, so no bunker etc. In fact: It must be real, so no Atlantis. On geography: It should be in Europe, middle to north Africa, West Russia, Territories found by Vikings, or Near East (also central Asia and Persia).
So no Antartica. To be honest, it isn't on history, in fact, and on geography as it is found jn 1700's (200 years after KnB ended), it is lack of food, wood, and coin source, and it is not in Europe.
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

Post by super7700 Fri 3 Feb 2012 - 20:57

You could make versions of the maps that don't do damage and some that do. Anyway, there's a repair button for buildings so you don't even have to go to the effort of getting citizens over to the buildings first.

No, my territory idea came from Rise of Nation's territory system, which also probably influenced 0AD's one. The idea of capturing buildings did come from 0AD though. I just wanted to put this out there, just in case it could be done.

I was just being silly with Antarctica, I know very well that no one from the medieval era even knew it existed. But since you mentioned territories founded by the vikings could be included, how about a vinland map with skraeling natives!
super7700
super7700
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by iliander Fri 3 Feb 2012 - 21:23

Thunder Clouds should damage buildings!
iliander
iliander
Custom rank: Lord Enki

Back to top Go down

Post by AOE_Fan Fri 3 Feb 2012 - 22:58

Beware, this post contains lots of quotes, sorry if it's too long.

super7700 wrote:I really like the idea of a day and knight cycle, makes it feel more realistic. Other weather effects would be really cool also, but just as long as they aren't completely continuous eg. it doesn't rain the whole time, and aren't too damaging. Larger storms that damage buildings and slow down unit movement (the wind) would also be interesting.
Obviously, we wouldn't want weather effects to ruin your game, just to make it look realistic and more unique. Smile

With your idea of capturing areas of the map, would there be a way to implement territory? Buildings outside your territory could slowly lose health, and perhaps enemies can capture buildings if they have enough troops nearby. Town centers, castles and trading posts would create a territory bubble (or whatever you wish to call it) around them which you can use to place your buildings in. This would add some accuracy, because realistically you wouldn't go and completely destroy all the enemy buildings - you'd capture them and use them for your own nation.
Implementing Silk Road type territory capture is indeed possible, and will probably be in K&B. But, I'm not so sure about buildings losing HP when outside your territory, it would be too annoying (and, how will the player know, if it is inside his territory?)... Having more capturable building is indeed more logical, but it would affect gameplay quite drastically, so I leave this to others.

A tower defense (or attack) type scenario would be fun! And perhaps it could be based on famous castles or towers (like the galata tower and Krak des Chevaliers).
Scenarios & Campaign are something that is done much later.

1. We reject any stupid idea, even if it can happen or was happen or supposed to be happened, alike blood red nile or divided Reed Sea or tsunami (this one is just as it doesn't happen in Europe).
Indeed, all of these are very probably rejected.

2. Effect in the map (snow breeze, heavy wind, thunder, blizzard) will not damage structure and unit. As not everybody will like it, especially the turtling people.
Really? Sadly, I need to disagree with this, they will affect somehow.

3. There will be no territory thing, it isn't possible (correct me if I'm not right, egh wrong). Beside that, this idea seems come from 0 A.D. (has the ninth alpha out?).
I'd say about 90% of things are somehow possible with triggers. And, if it is from 0 A.D, so?

You could make versions of the maps that don't do damage and some that do. Anyway, there's a repair button for buildings so you don't even have to go to the effort of getting citizens over to the buildings first.
Weather effects won't have different versions of maps if they affect or not. We anyway have enough of maps for everyone. Wink

I was just being silly with Antarctica, I know very well that no one from the medieval era even knew it existed. But since you mentioned territories founded by the vikings could be included, how about a vinland map with skraeling natives!
Of course you were, everyone could see that. But, we have Iceland map (sketch for it is done, but not the actual map...), it could have attacking skraelings (or somekind like that).
AOE_Fan
AOE_Fan
K&B Leader
K&B Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by iliander Fri 3 Feb 2012 - 23:15

Obviously, we wouldn't want weather effects to ruin your game, just to make it look realistic and more unique.
Why would it ruin the game? It would give K&B another feature, that battlefield lords should look at the weather for if the fight is going to be successful or not. I like this, tbh (as long as it's not too hard to code).
iliander
iliander

Back to top Go down

Post by AOE_Fan Fri 3 Feb 2012 - 23:26

I mainly meant that it's not windy/stormy/rainy/blizzards ALL the time. For example, wind makes your units move slower, there is no point if it affects all the time (same as reducing speed of all units...). Weather effect are pretty easy to code.
AOE_Fan
AOE_Fan
K&B Leader
K&B Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by spangopola Sat 4 Feb 2012 - 3:12

I support weather effect, but not too drastic direct influence.

spangopola

Back to top Go down

Post by iliander Sat 4 Feb 2012 - 3:21

They could have nice realistic sounds. Cool
iliander
iliander

Back to top Go down

Post by super7700 Sat 4 Feb 2012 - 9:06

How does silk road type territory capture work?

With the tower defense, it would still be a RM, as the tower/castle placement as well as attacker placements would be random. Is it possible to have the RM script automatically place walls, towers and military production buildings as well as the tower and town center? I could imagine that in this mode, there would be one defender and everyone else are attackers.
super7700
super7700
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepp Sat 4 Feb 2012 - 15:04

To AOE_Fan: What did Vikings meant with Skraeling are American Indian, let say Iroquois or their friends.

However, map found by Viking can be somewhat accepted, with some discussion, hard discussion (while I am somewhat like it).

To the last Supper's post: It is possible for RM to automatically place buildings like that, but that will be OP for some defense civ.
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

Post by super7700 Sat 4 Feb 2012 - 19:25

To balance it out the attackers could get some buildings/soldiers themselves.
super7700
super7700
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepp Sat 4 Feb 2012 - 20:48

Well, every random map in our mod have the same thing for every civ, every player. No thing like attacker or defender, they are all the same (both attacker nor defender). So there will be no assault map, siege map, or etc like that. Citadel shaped map, alike fortress in AOE II, still accepted as long there is no differences between player.

And what you said, honestly. will not balance the game.
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

Post by super7700 Sun 5 Feb 2012 - 8:00

Well surely there must be a way to balance it. And who is the one receiving the advantage in your opinion? Remember that with this idea it would only be 1 defender against a group of attackers who may be allies..

Of course this would be extremely unbalanced playing 1 vs 7, but it is the player's choice of how they want to do it.
super7700
super7700
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by AOE_Fan Sun 5 Feb 2012 - 8:08

super7700 wrote:How does silk road type territory capture work?
There are trading posts guarded by Gaia units. When you kill them and have units near them, the trade post becomes yours.

Pepp wrote:However, map found by Viking can be somewhat accepted, with some discussion, hard discussion (while I am somewhat like it).
Iceland will be one map in K&B, it's decided. However, not in Prologue.

About tower defence map: It's possible, I guess, it's just the way how to do it. But anyway, it could be too tricky, considering AI, singleplayer and multiplayer compatibility. Maybe other team members should comment on this...
AOE_Fan
AOE_Fan
K&B Leader
K&B Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next