thasdasdas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Want to play K&B versions before they're released? Sign up here!

+5
AOE_Fan
Eruck
Hoop Thrower
Vvv
peugeot407
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Want to play K&B versions before they're released? Sign up here! - Page 2 Empty Re: Want to play K&B versions before they're released? Sign up here!

Post by spangopola Wed 9 Oct 2013 - 0:09

The Mongols invaded China since early 1200s, not to mention they already played a major role by late Song dynasty. I am pretty sure that the technologies would pass around...

spangopola

Back to top Go down

Want to play K&B versions before they're released? Sign up here! - Page 2 Empty Re: Want to play K&B versions before they're released? Sign up here!

Post by Eyrion Wed 9 Oct 2013 - 11:34

Too complicated yet make the infantries useless.
True, just an idea.

Sounds like WotTA to me, doesn't it?
I got the idea from somewhere, I just have no idea where. World of WarCraft (the original ones, much like AoE) is possibly where. It's been a good 10 years since I last touched the game. All I remember was buildings caught fire and annoyed the heck out of me.

Do you mean cauldrons? Actually it is good, but just impossible to do.
Given how buildings can shoot projectiles, I'm sure it's not impossible. Lower the range to 1/4 of the distance a tower can shoot, and make the sprite tar instead of an arrow, give it splash damage and voila. I'm sure it's harder than that, like I said, I know nothing of coding. But it "seems" simple enough.

- I was just saying ideas, It does not mean they are incredibly perfect or like I'm trying to make the mod myself. I applied to be a playtester and shared my ideas in case I could be of help. Take what you want of them, like I said, I'm just sowing the seeds.

spangopola wrote:The Mongols invaded China since early 1200s, not to mention they already played a major role by late Song dynasty. I am pretty sure that the technologies would pass around...
I completely forgot about cultural diffusion O_O

Spoiler:
Ahhh, alright. It would be too ancient.

15 wood per segment? Sweet!

Exactly why I mentioned the "Fire Brigade". No need to micro, the Brigade (Generic name, "Fire Militia" would be a better name) puts out fires on buildings within it's range, but it takes time to put out a fire.

You'd need a lot of corners in your wall to deal a decent amount of damage to an attacking force, which means a ton of twisted walls just to get corners. Ah well.

Only siege? Nice Smile

(Kept my replies short and sweet, back to Playtester foruming)

Alright, so if I were to aqcuire the role of "playtester", who would I competitively play against? I'm not the best at AoE3, so "competitively" is an overstatement, but how would I get into a match? Obviously I can't search for one like in AoE3 multiplayer, so how would it work?
Eyrion
Eyrion
Hobilar
Hobilar

Back to top Go down

Post by AOE_Fan Wed 9 Oct 2013 - 21:06

Playtesting means playing against the AI.

I also edited some of your posts; please avoid double or triple posting and huge quotes.
AOE_Fan
AOE_Fan
K&B Leader
K&B Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Eyrion Thu 10 Oct 2013 - 6:00

AOE_Fan wrote:Playtesting means playing against the AI.

I also edited some of your posts; please avoid double or triple posting and huge quotes.
Ahhh, alright. I figured it was multiplayer since the video showing off K&B has 2 players in a 1v1.

Sorry, I'm not forum savvy, lingo of the forums is still new to me.
Eyrion
Eyrion
Hobilar
Hobilar

Back to top Go down

Post by AOE_Fan Thu 10 Oct 2013 - 7:41

Since no other team member is against it, I added you as a K&B Contributor (Playtester) and you now have the access to a hidden part of the forum. Congratulations! Smile
AOE_Fan
AOE_Fan
K&B Leader
K&B Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Eyrion Thu 10 Oct 2013 - 10:20

AOE_Fan wrote:Since no other team member is against it, I added you as a K&B Contributor (Playtester) and you now have the access to a hidden part of the forum. Congratulations! Smile
Huzzah! Well that was easier said then done. No sacrificing of lambs... No trials by fire, woohoo! Thank you, the hardest part will be me trying my best to get the mod to even WORK, then the easy stuff begins Smile

I'll take a look at the *secret* section before I post any questions I'm thinking of right now! Thanks again Smile
Eyrion
Eyrion
Hobilar
Hobilar

Back to top Go down

Post by ACN45trooper Sat 12 Oct 2013 - 12:13

Wait, WHAT? There's a hidden part?
ACN45trooper
ACN45trooper
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by Eyrion Sat 12 Oct 2013 - 12:21

ACN45trooper wrote:Wait, WHAT? There's a hidden part?
No, there is not a hidden section, you are merely imagining. *Waves hand
Eyrion
Eyrion
Hobilar
Hobilar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2