thasdasdas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tattoos, Piercings, and the Workplace

3 posters

Go down

Tattoos, Piercings, and the Workplace Empty Tattoos, Piercings, and the Workplace

Post by dietermoreno Sun 4 Aug 2013 - 4:41

When I was younger I used to think tattoos and piercings were awesome. Not so much anymore. I still think they are awesome, but I think its too much awesomeness for employers to handle and its a simple cost benefit analysis. Do you want to spend $200 on a tatoo and have no job or do you want to save the $200 and have a job?

I know someone with tats all over his neck and arms and he's been looking for a job for the past two years and every employer has turned him down.

This does not apply to touring bands because tattoos and piercings are advertising for bands to make you notice them so there is a good cost benefit ratio for touring bands.

Its all about the money. When hasn't it been? I wish it wasn't this way, but sometimes if you can't beat them you must surrendure and join them to survive.
dietermoreno
dietermoreno
Enemy of the Realm
Enemy of the Realm

https://www.youtube.com/dietermoreno

Back to top Go down

Tattoos, Piercings, and the Workplace Empty Re: Tattoos, Piercings, and the Workplace

Post by peugeot407 Sun 4 Aug 2013 - 5:53

I should make a new forum rule against misspellings of "surrender"...

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

http://twitter.com/rjfaber91

Back to top Go down

Tattoos, Piercings, and the Workplace Empty Re: Tattoos, Piercings, and the Workplace

Post by super7700 Sun 4 Aug 2013 - 9:31

Or you could use censoring to autocorrect it (perhaps you could do that with American spelling and terms too Very Happy).

Anyway, to stay on topic, I don't really like tattoos and piercings except when they have a cultural significance or real personal significance. They are often too showy for my liking. When it comes to employment though, I'm a bit torn. People with tattoos and piercings should have equal rights to employment and we shouldn't judge people on their appearance, but I can understand the employers' decisions because in reality customers are more likely to judge them negatively, so they can hurt the business' image. While money is somewhat to blame for this, the main issue behind this I believe is that people are far too easily judged on their appearances.
super7700
super7700
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum