thasdasdas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are YOU looking forward to?

+13
dietermoreno
Huanglukuzhu
Matheus Perri
spangopola
HAL9000
Hillys
goodsense02
Pepp
checanos
iliander
AOE_Fan
peugeot407
Synecdoche
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What are YOU looking forward to? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are YOU looking forward to?

Post by Pepp Fri 31 May 2013 - 10:39

unique building style for Byzantium and Saracen
Byzantium belongs to South European buildingset and Saracen belongs to Middle Eastern, and that is the rule, the same rule in WotTA, AOE III vanilla, etc.
So sorry, but no for this one.

Among many reason, aside from that rule, is that making a new buildingset for them will just increase the percentage of replacetexture bug happened.
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

What are YOU looking forward to? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are YOU looking forward to?

Post by Huanglukuzhu Fri 31 May 2013 - 14:44

Pepp wrote:
unique building style for Byzantium and Saracen
Byzantium belongs to South European buildingset and Saracen belongs to Middle Eastern, and that is the rule, the same rule in WotTA, AOE III vanilla, etc.
So sorry, but no for this one.

Among many reason, aside from that rule, is that making a new buildingset for them will just increase the percentage of replacetexture bug happened.

So, let it be.

I will follow the same rule.
Huanglukuzhu
Huanglukuzhu
Hobilar
Hobilar

http://www.hawkaoc.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dietermoreno Tue 6 Aug 2013 - 3:41

I'm not playing K&B until I can remove the cannon polygons.

Texturing a cannon as wooden still makes it look like a cannon!

I am very bothered by such historical inaccuracies.

When Mandos asked of a historical reference to a wooden balista shoot, you said "solid game play is more important than details."

Translation: You pulled the wooden balista shoot completely out of your ass and you don't care.
dietermoreno
dietermoreno
Enemy of the Realm
Enemy of the Realm

https://www.youtube.com/dietermoreno

Back to top Go down

Post by AOE_Fan Tue 6 Aug 2013 - 4:13

If you are so bothered by them, you can remove those yourself.
Yes, I don't give a damn about the cannon but that's just my opinion. For years, K&B Team members have had different views and it doesn't bother me at all.
AOE_Fan
AOE_Fan
K&B Leader
K&B Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by misterscp Tue 6 Aug 2013 - 7:31

or if you want to do it the more creative way, add some stuff and make some gallows or sth else out of them. In case you also want to hang some people up you can use the stronghold 2 anims
What are YOU looking forward to? - Page 2 Gallows

or just use another civ with another buildingset
misterscp
misterscp
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoop Thrower Tue 6 Aug 2013 - 7:53

Why should I tell it when this song can do it for me?
Hoop Thrower
Hoop Thrower
Modding Councillor
Modding Councillor

Back to top Go down

Post by NomadicAI7 Mon 4 Nov 2013 - 16:52

Favorite: Looking forward to the Mongols

All civs are very well done. I'm liking the Turks and Saracens. Byzantines are really strong defensively. It was quite a challenge penetrating past the walls. In comparison, Venetian walls/defenses were much easier to penetrate and defeat for me, for some reason.

My only suggestions for Turks and Saracens aren't game-changing, but just accentuating some strengths AND weaknesses further.
1) Turks: They don't have a light, early cavalry archer BEFORE the Spahi Archer. I really do think they need one because that would represent Seljuk period better. Another way to represent the Seljuk period better and overall Turkic focus on cavalry or atli would be Light Cavalry getting free upgrades or just stronger Light Cavalry in general.

On that note, I don't think Turks should have as strong a Barracks/infantry army as they do so right now. For example, Spearman but without any upgrades to Improved and so on.

Lastly, I really do think there should be a late-game Janissary early musket unit. It's strange for them not to have any.

Also, an early infantry unit called Azap should be available as well, perhaps replacing one of the infantry or archer units entirely. Still should be pretty weak comparably to other units, but cheap, affordable, and able to withstand early rushes, filling the spearman role, I guess.

Currently, it just feels weird to field a Seljuk Turk army which is all infantry... it should be some Azaps with mostly Light Cavalry and Light Cavalry Archers. Then, in the Ottoman period, some Azaps and the new Janissary with Spahi units.

2) Saracens: The mobile housing and early cavalry archer looked very Seljuk or Mameluke to me, not overtly Saracen. Yet, since Mamelukes ruled from Cairo, I guess that could work, but I just found them more Turkic, and the whole mobile housing more Mongol/steppe barbarian. I hope you have something EVEN more nomadic/mobile planned for the Mongols. In all of Age of Empires games and Total War games, all I wanted was a TRULY mobile, nomadic civilization, with most buildings being able to be mobilized, but especially houses/yurts.

Naffatun, Adirkabiya, Ghulam, and Bedouin? were very Saracen-fitting and awesome units, imho. Arimba unit looks gorgeous. Ahdath too, but seems more fitting to Turks.

Now, time for me to play Byzantines, Venetians, and Crusaders to get a feel for them more.

NomadicAI7
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Mon 4 Nov 2013 - 23:15

Actually, it was intended for the Turks to have a very poor Age II, and to be honest, the main thing they're lacking in Age II is the Archer. This is, however, offset by the fact that the Turks' unique units are some of the strongest in the game. The general idea of the Turks is that they have a very difficult and challenging start, but that their economy and military both improve throughout the ages, so that in Age IV and Age V, they can steamroll pretty much all other civs, much as the Ottoman Empire historically did.

Also, they do actually have the Janissary Gunner as a unit, it just requires the Black Powder tech to be researched before it becomes available, same as all other gunpowder units in the mod.

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

http://twitter.com/rjfaber91

Back to top Go down

Post by dietermoreno Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 16:57

I'm actually looking forward to the Spanish.  That's the only reason for me to install K&B is to play with a more historically accurate Spanish than any mod has done yet (well there is NE3, but who knows when that will be done).

I think the Age 5 K&B Spanish is how the vanilla Spanish should have been.
dietermoreno
dietermoreno
Enemy of the Realm
Enemy of the Realm

https://www.youtube.com/dietermoreno

Back to top Go down

Post by Gohar Tue 8 Sep 2015 - 13:15

Hi guys,

Am still hoping for a settled house mode fr Saracen house wagons and the unlikely but also greatly desired AOE 2 resource collection points.

Also am looking forward t long intense online LAN games with alliances, deception, massive war, kingdoms, large maps, tense sieges, intricate politics and a ton of fun.

Am also desiring personally a larger pop limit and more development for sieges and maybe possible sub settlements, like having a town centre for the main settlement Settlement centre to facilitate to a lower degree, extra sub-settlements.

Good luck with quintessence guys!

Gohar
Voulgier
Voulgier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum