thasdasdas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castles, Resource Buildings, No Building Limit.

+2
AOE_Fan
posionrun
6 posters

Go down

Castles, Resource Buildings, No Building Limit. Empty Castles, Resource Buildings, No Building Limit.

Post by posionrun Wed 1 Aug 2012 - 8:47

Hey i believe since its going to be a Medieval Mod, that you have put in castles. Which is great! But there should be no limit on the number of castles you can build. I think it would be also cool if they were in the building select. Also there should be no limit on how many buildings you can build, its just stupid we should be able to build our empires as large as we wish. Another cool thing would be resource buildings, its a little easy just sending your villagers to gather resources. You should have to send them to a town center or some of the resource buildings below
Wood=Timber Yard
Gold=Mining Camp
Food=Slaughter House
Food=Farms/Windmill
Tell me what you thnk Very Happy LIVE I SAY, LIVE!
posionrun
posionrun
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Castles, Resource Buildings, No Building Limit. Empty Re: Castles, Resource Buildings, No Building Limit.

Post by AOE_Fan Wed 1 Aug 2012 - 9:06

No build limits for Castle: Very, very unbalanced suggestion...
Resource buildings: Impossible in Aoe3.
AOE_Fan
AOE_Fan
K&B Leader
K&B Leader

Back to top Go down

Castles, Resource Buildings, No Building Limit. Empty Re: Castles, Resource Buildings, No Building Limit.

Post by peugeot407 Wed 1 Aug 2012 - 11:12

Apart from that, the lack of resource buildings is in my personal opinion one of AoE3's greatest assets (even if it already featured in AoM). Having villagers walk back and forth between gather points and dropoff points and generally getting in everybody's way is just very annoying...

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

http://twitter.com/rjfaber91

Back to top Go down

Post by Nero Wed 1 Aug 2012 - 19:35

I actually don't mind it, I find that it adds a sense of realism to the game and I also like that I can image a city surrounded by little towns and communities
Nero
Nero
Kataphraktos
Kataphraktos

Back to top Go down

Post by posionrun Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 3:35

AOE_Fan wrote:No build limits for Castle: Very, very unbalanced suggestion...
Resource buildings: Impossible in Aoe3.

Umm its not unbalanced because you need the resource to build them.
posionrun
posionrun
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by Synecdoche Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 3:40

Castles and defensive structures in K&B are quite, quite strong. Much more powerful than in AoE3, and stronger than AoK as well. Removing the build limit would allow nigh-impregnable defenses in late-game play. It won't be removed, sorry.

Nero's outlook on the situation is exactly how it should be, I can think of very few medieval settlements that contain more than a single castle, and the ones I can think of are already acknowledged and represented in gameplay (little easter egg/hint for you, I suppose) Wink
Synecdoche
Synecdoche
K&B Team Member
K&B Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 3:55

I do believe the buildlimit for Towers is 12 as opposed to the 7 of unmodded AoE3's Outposts, so while buildlimits won't get ditched, they will get more loose in some departments.

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanny the Landsknetch Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 17:51

Will Churches/Mosques have build limits?
Lanny the Landsknetch
Lanny the Landsknetch
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 21:01

I don't believe religious buildings will, no.

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanny the Landsknetch Mon 6 Aug 2012 - 11:27

Well I'm glad at that grinning
Lanny the Landsknetch
Lanny the Landsknetch
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by Synecdoche Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 4:53

It must be kept in mind that build-limits are always imposed due to balance issues, and are likely to change during and after release. After all, the game's still under development, though close to completion, and while we'll iron out the biggest issues before release, it's only through gameplay that all the little unfair advantages are revealed and dealt with. Our balancer, iliander, is a damned good one, though, and several of our team members are adept AoE combatants, so I feel comfortable enough bragging that K&B's balance will likely be one of, if not the, gold standards in Age of Empires 3 modding if you're into the Multiplayer aspect of the game. It'll also be a lot different of a feel due to our more-Age-of-Kings-than-AoE3-unit-lists.

I rambled a bit there, but I'm pretty darn excited about it Smile
Synecdoche
Synecdoche
K&B Team Member
K&B Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down