thasdasdas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many guns does your family own?

+7
HAL9000
Synecdoche
AOE_Fan
Mandos
peugeot407
Pepp
dietermoreno
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How many guns does your family own? Empty How many guns does your family own?

Post by dietermoreno Tue 16 Jul 2013 - 13:55

How many guns does your family own?

My grandpa from Sue St. Marie, Michigan who moved to southern Indiana who moved to south Chicago suburbs had a .22 Remington bolt action rifle with scope, a 12 gauge shot gun, an air soft gun, 60 rounds of .22 rifle center fire, 30 rounds of buck shot, and air soft rounds on a shelf in his office in his basement until he sold it this month because he hasn't hunted in 30 years and he told me that he didn't want them for self defense any more and he said if someone wants to take something from his house then they can go ahead and take it.

My uncle from southern Indiana who moved to Atlanta who moved to northwest Chicago suburbs had a pistol in his Atlanta house and he left it there hidden never to buy another gun, and he went back to visit the Atlanta house a few years ago and the gun was still there where he hid it 30 years ago. I'm not sure if he secretly took the gun and has it at his house now, he doesn't say.

My father from bogota, Columbia who came to Evanston, IL when he was 5 years old and moved to Chicago and moved to northwest Chicago suburbs he has no guns in his house and he has never had a gun before and he is opposed to civilians owning guns.

My step father from the Chicago suburbs who moved to Jacksonville, FL he has no guns. He prefers golfing with managers from his plant than hunting although he does approve of guns for self defense, and he isn't afraid of needing guns for self defense because he lives in a neighborhood watch association subdivision with only two ways in and out of the subdivision with dense forest and marsh surrounding the subdivision on 3 sides, although he does have several different types of machetes for landscaping in his garden shed.

How about you?
dietermoreno
dietermoreno
Enemy of the Realm
Enemy of the Realm

https://www.youtube.com/dietermoreno

Back to top Go down

How many guns does your family own? Empty Re: How many guns does your family own?

Post by Pepp Tue 16 Jul 2013 - 17:41

It is illegal here. The only airgun my dad has had broken several years ago.

We, however, free to keep any kind of sword, dagger, bow, kris, etc. I have several golok in my home.
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

How many guns does your family own? Empty Re: How many guns does your family own?

Post by peugeot407 Tue 16 Jul 2013 - 19:12

Firearms are illegal here, but airguns aren't, and we happen to have one in the house. Still, it's not a very powerful airgun at all, and it hasn't been used in fifteen years at least.

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

http://twitter.com/rjfaber91

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepp Tue 16 Jul 2013 - 22:28

Why don't you use it to shoot some rats?
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Tue 16 Jul 2013 - 22:57

Partly because I'm probably a terrible shot, but mostly because I've never seen a rat in my life apart from those on the television...

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandos Fri 19 Jul 2013 - 9:59

Guns for common people outside 'merrica...? Funny, illegal as every will say.
The civilized world, dieter, has no guns laying around for anyone to shot and because of this we are not aggressive enough to make middle eastern terrorist organizations to crash planes in our buildings and attack our schools in mid daylight butchering everyone...

Once you remove guns you also remove a lot of useless, excessive aggression. I think the point I'm trying to make is a bit blurry but I'm not in the mood to explain with walls of text.

Last edited by Mandos on Fri 19 Jul 2013 - 10:26; edited 1 time in total
Mandos
Mandos
Modding Councillor
Modding Councillor

http://impmod.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AOE_Fan Fri 19 Jul 2013 - 10:14

No guns in my home. I know many people who own guns for hunting purposes, though.

I understand what you mean, Mandos, and I quite agree with your second paragraph. However, I think the crimes made by Muslim terrorists (I hate being so stereotypical here...) to their own people might be worse than what they do to others. Nowadays, when there's a huge massacre like the Breivik case, people first think "It's just another Middle Eastern terrorist" and the media feeds this information quite well too.
AOE_Fan
AOE_Fan
K&B Leader
K&B Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandos Fri 19 Jul 2013 - 10:26

Ops, I clicked quote instead of edit... Those damn buttons are too similar!
Mandos
Mandos
Modding Councillor
Modding Councillor

http://impmod.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Fri 19 Jul 2013 - 10:29

You don't like my latest additions to the censor list? You'll find Dieter suddenly talks a lot about vegetarian salads or a selection of fruits and vegetables. grinning

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AOE_Fan Fri 19 Jul 2013 - 10:36

(near-lethal amounts of laughter ensued)
I wonder, has dietermoreno got salad and selection of fruits and vegetables?

This censorship is literally killing me... grinning
AOE_Fan
AOE_Fan
K&B Leader
K&B Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Synecdoche Fri 19 Jul 2013 - 11:09

I have two .22s (one broken for years), two BB guns (again, one broken), and a muzzleloading black powder salad that was probably state of the art in 1806. I carry a knife most of the time, but it's a small tool rather than a weapon and if I ever got in a fight with it on me I wouldn't touch it. I plan on getting a vintage double-barrel one day but that's just because I think they're pretty. I hunt occasionally, but my hunting is just stalking deer/turkey with a spear or bow and arrow in my hands. I want to be able to hunt with weapons I can make, but I don't really feel like killing unless I'm hungry. Waste of good wildlife. I have before, though, and definitely would if I had a way to drag the animal back with me and cure it all before it spoiled.
Synecdoche
Synecdoche
K&B Team Member
K&B Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HAL9000 Fri 19 Jul 2013 - 14:47

Piddly pocketknife that's mine, but damn near an arsenal of hunting salads in a locked safe in the basement. Not sure what they are though...

Last edited by HAL9000 on Sat 3 Aug 2013 - 14:10; edited 1 time in total
HAL9000
HAL9000
Voulgier
Voulgier

Back to top Go down

Post by dietermoreno Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 15:02

so you can get a gun if you hunt in the UK, but what if you are a criminal who hunts?

Criminals break the law.

Law abiding citizens don't break the law.

Law against owning guns, criminals will break the law and own a gun.
dietermoreno
dietermoreno
Enemy of the Realm
Enemy of the Realm

Back to top Go down

Post by super7700 Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 15:34

Sure, there are some criminals who will break the law to illegally access guns and there will be some hunters who might end up using their gun for criminal activity, but given the trouble you have to go through to get the guns, legally or illegally, in countries like the UK, only a very small percentage of criminals are going to end up with firearms.
super7700
super7700
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 19:29

Well, there's two types of restrictions, the first is a restriction on who can own a gun, and the second is a restriction on when and where a gun can be used. Hunters and members of shooting clubs are indeed allowed to have guns, but they have to keep them locked away in a sealed container at all times unless they're actually participating in the activity they've got a licence for. Just walking around on public roads with a gun is illegal, no matter whether one has a licence or not.

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by dietermoreno Thu 25 Jul 2013 - 9:56

peugeot407 wrote:Well, there's two types of restrictions, the first is a restriction on who can own a gun, and the second is a restriction on when and where a gun can be used. Hunters and members of shooting clubs are indeed allowed to have guns, but they have to keep them locked away in a sealed container at all times unless they're actually participating in the activity they've got a licence for. Just walking around on public roads with a gun is illegal, no matter whether one has a licence or not.

peugeot407

That would be impossible to enforce in the U.S.

There is too much ground to cover for police to go to every house in America and see if the hunter or shooter has his guns in a sealed container when he is not engaging in the sport.

Just letting you know, from your previous comments you've made on WotTA forums.

What works for the UK doesn't work for the U.S.

The UK is like the size of Illinois.

It takes the county sheriff 30 minutes to respond to my house in an unincorporated area (when I called the cops on a fake private investigator asking for entrance into the house), and that was for an emergency 911 call!

Imagine how slow the sheriff would be at enforcing someone owning a gun used not for sport when it takes them 30 minutes to respond to an emergency 911 call.

Granted, if you live in an incorporated area the police do arrive much faster, but 95% of the U.S. land area is unincorporated.

Gun control might work in the city limits of Chicago when there is a cop on patrol at least every 4 blocks away who can stop an armed robber, but in rural Illinois its not happening when it takes 30 minutes for the sheriff to respond to a 911 call.

Think what if the fake private investigator trying to get into my house had a gun and started shooting! Am I supposed to wait 30 minutes until I have bled to death?
dietermoreno
dietermoreno
Enemy of the Realm
Enemy of the Realm

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoop Thrower Thu 25 Jul 2013 - 11:07

No guns in my family either, the closest to that I believe is the old rusty Machete we have... I believe gun laws are pretty restrictive in Chile, since the only people I've met who own guns are those who hunt for sport, and those aren't that many anyways.
Hoop Thrower
Hoop Thrower
Modding Councillor
Modding Councillor

Back to top Go down

Post by Synecdoche Thu 25 Jul 2013 - 12:38

When I thought my house was being robbed I grabbed my german shepherd and a dirk and went out to confront the burglars. The headlightless car that followed me home and parked in my front yard turned out to be two kids who were planning on fucking behind my barn. Was an awkward conversation indeed.
Synecdoche
Synecdoche
K&B Team Member
K&B Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dietermoreno Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 10:11

only in m.u.r.i.c.a.

How many guns does your family own? 531770_10151595907013074_86191915_n

for the lulz.  well at least we can defend ourselves.
dietermoreno
dietermoreno
Enemy of the Realm
Enemy of the Realm

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 10:14

Defend yourselves against Killer Deer? grinning 

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 13:09

There are three guns in my house, one of which is mine, a Polish carbine from the last centuary which I keep in a locked display case. I also personally own a bow, two different swords, and various knives. I'm not crazy, I just like arms and armor.
The Dude
The Dude
Administrator
Administrator

http://knightsandbarbarians.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Synecdoche Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 13:33

I just realized we have quite an uncensored obscenity Jester 
Synecdoche
Synecdoche
K&B Team Member
K&B Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by super7700 Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 15:48

Yes, why are firearm related terms censored but not actual swearing! Razz 
super7700
super7700
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepp Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 18:57

Here in Indonesia, we kill deers after prays for them.
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

Post by iliander Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 22:07

Pepp wrote:Here in Indonesia, we kill deers after prays for them.
thumbs up 
iliander
iliander
Custom rank: Lord Enki
Custom rank: Lord Enki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum