thasdasdas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If Indonesia Never Gets Its Independence

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Which one do you prefer?

If Indonesia Never Gets Its Independence - Page 2 ProgressbarLeft0%If Indonesia Never Gets Its Independence - Page 2 ProgressbarRight 0% 
[ 0 ]
If Indonesia Never Gets Its Independence - Page 2 ProgressbarLeft0%If Indonesia Never Gets Its Independence - Page 2 ProgressbarRight 0% 
[ 0 ]
If Indonesia Never Gets Its Independence - Page 2 ProgressbarLeft25%If Indonesia Never Gets Its Independence - Page 2 ProgressbarRight 25% 
[ 2 ]
If Indonesia Never Gets Its Independence - Page 2 ProgressbarLeft50%If Indonesia Never Gets Its Independence - Page 2 ProgressbarRight 50% 
[ 4 ]
If Indonesia Never Gets Its Independence - Page 2 ProgressbarLeft25%If Indonesia Never Gets Its Independence - Page 2 ProgressbarRight 25% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 8

If Indonesia Never Gets Its Independence - Page 2 Empty Re: If Indonesia Never Gets Its Independence

Post by Pepp Mon 12 Aug 2013 - 19:32

Nah, post it in the lounge then.
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

If Indonesia Never Gets Its Independence - Page 2 Empty Re: If Indonesia Never Gets Its Independence

Post by Even Tue 13 Aug 2013 - 13:27

Diseaster averted... Lo and behold my OOT post in The Lounge...

And I don't know what more to add here, seriously,,,

Even
Hobilar
Hobilar

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepp Sat 17 Aug 2013 - 23:38

Today is Indonesian's Independence Day, I am not so impressed.
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

Post by Even Sun 18 Aug 2013 - 1:24

Trololololo me too... Most people are just too tired from their two-week long "mudik" (going home to their hometowns to celebrate Ied together with family) to have any sort of celebration (some laughter ensued)

Even
Hobilar
Hobilar

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Sun 18 Aug 2013 - 2:37

I should buy a Dutch flag, paint the VOC logo on it, and fly it today... Razz 

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

http://twitter.com/rjfaber91

Back to top Go down

Post by Even Sun 18 Aug 2013 - 2:46

That's quite harsh of you Sad Doubt it'd actually reach Indonesia tho :p

Even
Hobilar
Hobilar

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Sun 18 Aug 2013 - 3:03

I could cut the blue bar off... Razz

It would be funny if the VOC hadn't gone bankrupt in 1800 though, the Indonesian flag might actually have had a VOC logo in the white bar. grinning

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepp Sun 18 Aug 2013 - 11:52

The one made me sad yesterday was that my school passed too long, I couldn't see the ceremony in the National Palace. Sad 

the Indonesian flag might actually have had a VOC logo in the white bar.
We might cut the white bar instead, having the only flag in the word which has two separated part. Razz
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Sun 18 Aug 2013 - 19:18

Or, if you had attached them back together, you'd have the reverse of the Liechtensteiner flag, rather than the reverse of the Polish flag as you do now. Razz

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepp Sun 18 Aug 2013 - 20:04

(some laughter ensued), and if Dutch used orange instead of red... grinning 
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

Post by Even Mon 19 Aug 2013 - 23:53

I don't know what flag it would result in ._.

Even
Hobilar
Hobilar

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepp Mon 19 Aug 2013 - 23:58

Indonesian flag possibilities, if we gets independence from the Dutch and the flag of the Dutch is not like what we see now. Or if anything else happened.
1. Orange-white: Prinsenvlag, if the Dutch didn't turn it red-white-blue
2. Red-white with VOC: If VOC didn't bankrupt
3. Red-white-blue with hole: If VOC didn't bankrupt, we cut the VOC symbol
4. Red-blue: If VOC didn't bankrupt, we cut the white then sew it again
5. Vertical white-red: If the Dutch never get independence from French
6. White with half red circle: Ghehe, you know what
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

Post by Even Sat 24 Aug 2013 - 1:48

Interesting...

The events leading to my 17th August celebration actually leads to one of my friends despising me.. And that's a very very bad thing Sad

Even
Hobilar
Hobilar

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepp Sat 24 Aug 2013 - 17:02

Ehm, someone votes for Jepun...
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

Post by Even Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 1:19

About one month old, but...

Whoever finds that Indonesia should leave itself in the hands of Japan superiority just doesn't understand history that much :S ... Our Japan superiors are mostly laborers and sexual slavers... There ARE some good guys in it (some actually supported the independence movement, the proclamation document was actually written in Japanese Admiral Maeda's house), but a lot of them merely used the civilians for their own benefits (sexual gratification, Japanese infrastructure development...)

Even
Hobilar
Hobilar

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepp Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 1:38

Japanese are just the worst colonizer ever came to Indonesia, not to mention early Dutcheeessss.
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 2:04

The Japanese military in World War II was a right mess. Their only hope at moderate success, after making the ill-adviced decision to side with Germany and Italy, was to blitz all European colonies in the Far East and work their way up to India as quickly as possible. Even the Germans barely managed to make their blitzkrieg work, because it was simply impossible to set up local administrations quick enough to keep up with the conquests, and the Japanese were far inferior to the Germans when it came to the efficiency of their bureaucracy. Also, the Japanese military was highly decentralised, the vast majority of officers were appointed on heritage rather than merit, and there was a perpetual supply shortage, forcing the armies to sustain themselves through raiding and pillaging. Suffice to say, none of this is very helpful in trying to set up a sustainable empire.

I still maintain that Japan would have been far better off if they'd sided with the Anglo-French-American side, as they did in World War I. They wouldn't have been able to conquer quite as much, but their conquests would have been sustainable, and they could have poured all their military resources into conquering coastal China, something for which the West would have applauded them.

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Even Wed 25 Sep 2013 - 23:11

I agree with that... If they are with the Allies, they wouldn't be the evil Eastern marauders the Allies depict them to be (obviously)

Japanese activities in China prior to WWII is quite eerie though... We have tales of awry medical experiments and so on and so on...

Even
Hobilar
Hobilar

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Thu 26 Sep 2013 - 2:59

If you know of awry medical experiments executed by the Japanese in China, but you don't know of awry medical experiments executed in the US, then I hereby declare World War II propaganda to have done its job. Razz 

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Even Thu 3 Oct 2013 - 3:12

World War II propaganda indeed... US is the "good", Japan is the "bad" XD

Even
Hobilar
Hobilar

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepp Thu 3 Oct 2013 - 23:54

Both are actually the same badass evils. Only Vatican and Swiss are neutral, which are actually also nonsense at the same time...
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

Post by Even Fri 4 Oct 2013 - 1:45

Indeed...

The Vatican, AFAIK seemingly didn't help anyone... They smuggled people out, hid people in, etc. just because of humanitarian reasons (or at least, that's what it seems)

I don't really know about Switzerland's involvement in World War II ._.

Even
Hobilar
Hobilar

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepp Fri 4 Oct 2013 - 2:48

Swiss didn't involve at all, but the Red Cross did.

Speaking about Indonesia again, I have just watched 3 60 today, about Timor Leste...
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 Fri 4 Oct 2013 - 8:59

Sweden was also neutral, you know... Swedish and Swiss arms manufacturers sold weapons to both sides though, so neither of them was entirely uninvolved in the war...

peugeot407
peugeot407
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepp Fri 4 Oct 2013 - 21:16

Then it will be action=reaction; action-reaction=0. They did nothing, haha.
Pepp
Pepp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum